The BEST of all things creamy and sweet. These easy Homemade Peanut Butter Protein Bars are healthy, vegan, gluten-free, and DELICIOUS!
If this is your first time here on Jar Of Lemons, welcome to what seems to be a continuous experiment of healthy food that requires no effort whatsoever. Seriously, it’s almost ridiculous. I want to say that it’s because I’m SOOOO busy but…let’s be honest…I’m straight up lazy!
There are a few exceptions, where a recipe was totally worth the extra effort. But for the most part, I’m all about the easy, quick way of life! Which is good, because I think you actually are super busy and could agree that easier is better when it comes to healthy eating. 🙂
In this case, my lazy healthy eating has resulted in one of my new faves: Homemade Peanut Butter Protein Bars!
As in, 5-ingredients ONLY Peanut Butter Protein Bars. Rejoice, my friend. These delicious bars can be considered just as much dessert as they could a post-workout snack!
And since peanut butter cravings have been on my mind (oh hey, Peanut Butter Chocolate Blender Donuts), these seemed like a really good idea! Things you will need for this recipe:
Side note: feel free to make substitutions as needed!
Here’s the recipe for these super easy Homemade Peanut Butter Protein Bars:
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 4 scoops vegan vanilla protein powder
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1½ Tbsp cacao powder
- Mix the peanut butter, protein powder, and syrup together in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the mixture into a square cake pan (covered in wax paper) and freeze for 30-60 minutes to set.
- Mix the tahini and cacao powder together. Top the set peanut butter mixture with the chocolate tahini and freeze for another 30-60 minutes.
- Slice into bars and enjoy! Remember to keep these in the freezer until you are ready to serve them!