It’s been a little over a week since we got back from our Mexico trip, and I’m having MAJOR beach bum withdrawals! What I would do to go back and just lay on the beach everyday, soaking up the sun, listening to the waves. IF ONLY! In light of those dreams, I’ve recreated what we ate almost every day in Mexico: Fish Tacos! Specifically, Spicy Salmon Tacos w/ Avocado Lime Dressing! 😉
Every day we walked about a half mile on the beach to this little place on the street that made the BEST fish tacos. Living in the Northeast Texas area, seafood isn’t something we’re really known for. But being right on the beaches of Mexico, the seafood was straight from the water and EPIC good! And since the tacos were served with a sauce that tasted almost identical to my 3 Ingredient Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing, I knew I had to make this at home!
In this case, I used salmon because it’s super nutritious and one of my favorites. If you don’t like salmon, (first of all WHAAAAA???) feel free to use a different type of fish. I also used these delicious Organic Corn Tortillas in this recipe, which also happen to be naturally gluten-free!
These tacos are savory, spicy, soft, crunchy, warm, and cool all at the same time! SOOOOOO times-a-million good. Let’s make these delicious Spicy Salmon Tacos, shall we? 🙂
- 2 salmon filets
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 4 corn tortillas
- romaine lettuce (2 leaves)
- ½ cup shredded purple cabbage
- ⅓ cup beans
- ¼ cup corn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub the spices over the salmon filets and bake for 30 minutes (or until the fish is flaky).
- While the salmon is baking, create the 3 Ingredient Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing with water instead of yogurt (to thin it out) and only use half of the avocado.
- Cut the other half of the avocado into cubes.
- When salmon has finished baking, top 4 tortillas with lettuce, cabbage, beans, corn, salmon, and drizzle with the avocado lime dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!
Let’s get our taco game on! Try out this Sriracha Lime Shrimp Tacos recipe!