If you’ve been on the search for the perfect “throw together” healthy dinner, look no further than this quick and easy Chicken Enchilada Skillet! Here’s what we’re loving about the recipe:
- It only takes 30 minutes TOTAL.
- It’s full of delicious flavors.
- The recipe can be meal prepped or made into a freezer meal!
- It’s perfect for leftovers throughout the week.
- The recipe can be adjusted as needed!
- The entire family will love this recipe.
When a recipe is this easy to make, how can you not love it? It’s truly one of our favorite go-to dinners, especially for busy weeknights.
Watch this Creamy Healthy Chicken Enchilada Skillet recipe video!
What you need to make this Creamy Healthy Chicken Enchilada Skillet recipe
Or sauce pan, or stock pot, or really anything. In this case, we stuck to using a standard skillet!
A rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, a homemade roasted chicken, or leftover cooked chicken breast will work perfectly!
Want high-quality meat for the best price (and delivered right to your doorstep)? Try Butcher Box and get an awesome discount!
Aside from a skillet and great quality, pre-cooked chicken, you’ll also need:
- Enchilada Sauce
- Black beans (we use organic, canned)
- Diced Bell Peppers
- Sour cream or light sour cream
- Corn tortillas
- Mexican shredded cheese
- Cilantro & avocado for an optional topping!
How to make an easy Chicken Enchilada Skillet in 30 minutes:
- Cook the enchilada sauce and chicken in a skillet.
- Add in diced peppers.
- Add in black beans.
- Add in sour cream.
- Cut the corn tortillas into small pieces and add to the skillet.
- Top with cheese and allow to melt.
This is the ultimate throw-everything-in-a-pan kind of dinner! You and your family will absolutely love this recipe. It’s comfort food + healthy + everything good in life!
More recipes you’ll love:
Creamy Healthy Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- Combine the chicken and enchilada sauce in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir, then add in the black beans and diced peppers.
- Mix in the sour cream and corn tortilla pieces, continue to stir.
- Once everything is evenly hot, top the casserole with cheese and optional cilantro.
- Serve with avocado slices and enjoy or store in the refrigerator for later in the week!