Pesto Salmon Recipe (Watch This Video!)
It really doesn’t get any easier than this Lemon Basil Pesto Salmon recipe for busy weeknights! Flavorful, perfectly cooked flaky salmon, pesto of choice, lemon juice, savory garlic, burst tomatoes, crunchy walnuts, and goat cheese to top it all off. Put it all in a baking dish or casserole dish and that’s it – a healthy, gluten-free dinner in 35 minutes or less!
You’ll Also Love: 100+ Quick Healthy Dinner Ideas (30 Minutes Or Less)
Here’s what you’ll need to make this baked Pesto Salmon recipe:
Salmon – Fresh or frozen salmon are best for this recipe!
Pesto – Spinach Basil Pesto, homemade Kale Pesto, or regular store-bought pesto are all great options.
Grape Tomatoes – Grape or cherry tomatoes are perfect for roasting with pesto and salmon.
Lemon – This recipe calls for 1/4 of a lemon, juiced and zested. Omit the lemon zest if desired and adjust the amount of lemon juice to your own personal taste!
Seasoning – Salt, black pepper, and minced garlic are a simple and delicious seasoning to bring out the pesto flavor. Feel free to use garlic powder, if necessary.
Chopped Walnuts – Add a little extra crunch with chopped walnuts or pine nuts as a topping!
Goat Cheese – There’s just something about the combination of pesto and goat cheese that can really take a dish to the next level. Add goat cheese crumbles for a dinner recipe unlike any other! If you’re not a fan of goat cheese, parmesan cheese is another delicious topping.
Note: Easily make this recipe dairy-free and vegan by using vegan pesto and omitting the cheese topping!
How to Make Pesto Salmon
Here’s how to make this easy Pesto Salmon recipe:
- Roast the tomatoes in a baking dish with a little it of pesto, garlic, salt, and pepper for about 10 minutes.
- Move the tomatoes to the edges of the dish and place the salmon skin-side down.
- Top the salmon filets with pesto sauce, walnuts, goat cheese, and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes and enjoy!
TIP: Don’t like you salmon touching or mixing with the tomatoes? You can separate the salmon filets in foil or bake them on a separate baking sheet!
RELATED: The Ultimate Guide To Salmon
What to Serve With Pesto Salmon
Serve this recipe with pasta, rice, or just about any side you want. It’s so good! Here are a few pairing ideas:
- Brown Rice
- Creamy Lemon Kale Pesto Gnocchi
- Chickpea Pasta
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Rosemary Mushroom Rice Pilaf
- Easy Quinoa Salad With Feta Cheese
- Spinach Ricotta Mac & Cheese
- Roasted or Sautéed Veggies
More Easy Salmon Recipes
- Creamy Salmon Pasta Recipe
- Maple Barbecue Salmon Recipe
- Baked Teriyaki Salmon Recipe
- 30-Minute Blackened Salmon Tacos
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Lemon Basil Pesto Salmon Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup pesto (divided)
- salt/pepper (to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 4-6 ounce salmon filets
- 1/4 medium lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 Tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 Tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- fresh basil leaves (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix the tomatoes, 2 Tablespoons of the pesto, salt, pepper, and garlic together in a baking dish or casserole dish.
- Roast the tomatoes for 10 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, set out the salmon and pat dry.
- Move the tomatoes to the sides of the dish and place the salmon filets (skin-side down) in the center.
- Top each salmon filet with 1 Tablespoon of pesto.
- Add chopped walnuts and goat cheese to the filets.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the entire dish.
- Add a little bit lemon zest (optional), salt, and pepper to each salmon filet.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until the filets are flaky.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Salmon filets with the skin on works better in this recipe, but skin off works, too. Simply add a little bit of oil to the pan before baking for skin off filets to keep them from sticking!
- This recipe can make 2-3 servings, depending on what you serve it with!
Leave a Reply