So what has changed since those 50 cent ramen days? I stopped eating these delicious noodles when I went off to college because that’s about the time I changed my lifestyle and started eating right. Have you seen the nutrition facts in those little noodle packs??? Unless you buy these vegan ramen noodles, which aren’t as bad. 🙂
So in my desperate attempt to indulge in this childhood fave, I present you with this healthy, Jar Of Lemons version!
Here’s what you’ll need for this Vegan Ramen Soup w/ Zucchini Noodles recipe:
A spiralizer like the Inspiralizer is a must! However, if you’re like me and don’t have room in your kitchen for such a glorious device, feel free to use a hand held spiralizer like I did in the video below.
Or you could always omit the zucchini noodles if you’re in a time crunch and go with the vegan ramen noodles I mentioned above. I mean, I know the zucchini noodles are an important part of this recipe and all, but REAL LIFE happens sometimes. 🙂 And that’s ok!
Also, this recipe is gluten-free if you’re using a gluten-free soy sauce (like this one)!
Also, even though I gave you measured out amounts of vegetables, feel free to add as much as you want. Or even different veggies. This recipe is also a little low in calories and protein, so be sure to add protein of your choosing! I only ask of you one thing…let me know what you end up doing. I love seeing your #JarOfLemons creations and variations!
Here’s a quick video on how to make this Vegan Ramen Soup w/ Zucchini Noodles:
Vegan Ramen Soup w/ Zucchini Noodles
- 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 3 zucchini
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1 Tbsp chopped green onion
- Salt/Pepper To Taste
- Create zucchini noodles using a spiralizer. Set aside.
- In a pot, stir fry the garlic, ginger, and mushrooms in sesame oil over medium high heat. Add in the zucchini noodles and continue to heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the stock and soy sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Immediately lower heat and allow soup to simmer until the noodles are soft. Add in spinach, carrots, green onions, and salt/pepper.
- Serve hot and enjoy!