Healthy Salted Caramel Truffles
Creamy, sweet, and soft on the inside, coated with a thick layer of decadent dark chocolate, topped with just a sprinkle of sea salt. These Healthy Salted Caramel Truffles not only taste incredible and decadent but are so easy to make at home!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Chilling Time 30 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 10 Servings
- 10 dates
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 5 Tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp sea salt
In a small food processor
, blend the ingredients for the filling.
Roll the filling into several small balls, about 10.
Place on wax paper and freeze for 15-30 minutes.
Once the filling has hardened, remove from the freezer and set aside.
Melt the dark chocolate chips in a small bowl.
Coat each filling ball, making sure to coat all sides evenly.
Set each truffle on a baking sheet covered in wax paper, then add a few grains of sea salt on each one.
Let cool until the shells are hard, then serve and enjoy!
- Use the highest quality chocolate possible, I used 74% cacao which was the perfect balance
- Once hardened these truffles with keep for up to 1 week in the fridge or store them in the freezer for months
- When freezing the chocolate might discolor slightly but is still fine to eat
- Adapt the flavors by using different nut butter, or by using citrus juice/zest in the filling or melted chocolate