This healthy Gingerbread Loaf is perfect to bake and take on-the-go! It's sweet, festive and makes the perfect holiday treat. Only 100 calories per slice you won't even know it's good for you!
Servings 10 servings
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp chia seed
- pinch of salt
- 1 packet stevia
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a blender, crush the rolled oats until a flour texture is created.
Combine the rest of the ingredients in the blender (or mix dry and liquid ingredients separately, then combine).
Pour into a loaf pan, then bake for about 25 - 30 minutes (or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean).
Remove from oven, then slice and serve!
- Use a non-stick loaf pan and either line it with baking parchment or greases it lightly with butter or a flavorless cooking spray
- To test the loaf is done insert a wooden skewer or toothpick into the middle, if it comes out clean it's done
- You can also make this into muffins
- Remember to preheat the oven and place the loaf on the middle shelf of the oven
- Cut into even portions and store in sandwich bags, this will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week