Meal Prep Southwest Chicken Burrito Bowls
Meal Prep Chicken Burrito Bowls! Gluten free and great for taking on-the-go! These burrito bowls are super versatile and are packed full of goodness.
Servings 4 servings
- 2 cups kale (or lettuce of choice)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 3 cups shredded or cubed chicken cooked (about 2 chicken breasts)
- 3/4 cup corn, canned
- 1 1/2 cup black beans, canned
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- drizzle Avocado Lime Dressing (optional)
Cook the rice according to directions. Mix in paprika, cumin, cayenne, and pepper when the rice has about 5 minutes left. Set aside.
Layer each bowl or container with kale, tomatoes, shredded chicken, corn, beans, and rice. Top with optional dressing and enjoy immediately or refrigerate for later!
- Make these burrito bowls low carb by replacing the rice with cauliflower rice
- You can also use leftover cooked chicken or buy a rotisserie chicken to speed things up
- You can pick and choose any vegetables and greens you like, they are super versatile and are perfect for using up leftovers in your fridge
- If you are making these for lunch or dinner later on or the next day then add any dressings and sauces last. If you can, put them in a separate container and take it with you to keep the veggies fresh and crisp.