No-Bake Oatmeal Protein Bars
Easy to make No-Bake Oatmeal Protein Bars that are gluten free and refined sugar free. Great for taking in your bag on-the-go!
Servings 12 bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup protien powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
Place the almond butter and honey in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds (or until softened). Mix together.
Mix the rolled oats and protein powder together in a mixing bowl. Add in the softened almond butter and honey. Mix thoroughly and evenly.
Mix in the chocolate chips. Place the entire mixture in an 8x8 cake pan covered with wax paper. Freeze for about 20-30 minutes.
Cut into small bars, package in sandwich bags, and take on-the-go!
- To keep the bars from crumbling, ensure that the almond butter used is firm and doesn't contain oil separation.
- You can keep the bars in the freezer until you need them.
- Adapt these bars with whatever dried fruit, seeds and nuts you like.
- You can use flavored protein powders.
- You can sub honey for maple syrup