Vegetarian Jalapeno Bacon Waffles
The most delicious Jalapeno Vegetarian Bacon Waffles. Soft and fluffy waffles with spicy jalapenos and smoky, crunchy and salty bacon. These make the best lazy weekend brunch or even breakfast on the go when you're short on time.
Servings 7 servings
- 1/4 cup finely chopped jalapeño
- 3 slices Sweet Earth Benevolent Bacon
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 packet stevia
- pinch of salt
Finely chop the jalapeño (using gloves). Set aside.
Cook the bacon slices according to directions. Finely chop the bacon into small bits.
Mix all of the ingredients together in a mixing bowl and preheat your waffle maker.
Cooke each set of waffles for a few minutes. Top with syrup (optional), serve, and enjoy!
- Cook the bacon first so it's crispy and crunchy before tossing with the other ingredients
- If you don't like spicy food you can cut the jalapeno down by half or omit it altogether
- I like to wear gloves when chopping the jalapeno it helps if you have sensitive skin
- Top the waffles with extra vegetarian bacon or maple syrup
- Store the waffles in airtight containers or in the freezer for later