Chocolate Cherry Soft Cookies (Healthy-ish)
These Healthy-ish Chocolate Cherry Soft Cookies are the best treat! Made with regular or whole wheat flour, can easily be made dairy-free, and can easily be made vegan. Whip up these yummy soft cookies in just 20 minutes or less!
Servings 18 Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup brown or regular sugar
- 1/2 cup butter lightly melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- sea salt optional
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, butter, egg, vanilla, and milk together.
Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
Mix in the chocolate chips and dried cherries.
Using a spoon, shape the dough into cookies on a baking sheet.
Press the spoon down on each cookie to flatten.
Add a sprinkle of salt to each cookie (optional) and bake for about 10-12 minutes.
Let cool and enjoy!
- Feel free to use regular or mix with whole wheat flour.
- A large egg or a flax egg equivalent work great in these cookies!
- Feel free to sub (or partially sub) coconut oil for butter.
- The best cherries to use in these cookies are dried cherries. Fresh cherries can also be used as long as they are pitted and cut into small pieces!
Calories: 156kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 151mg | Potassium: 67mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 293IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg