Roasted Chickpea Fall Salad
This delicious Roasted Chickpea Fall Salad is crisp and hearty! Made with chopped kale, crunchy pepitas, walnuts, pomegranate arils, dried cranberries and chickpeas roasted with oil, turmeric, cumin, and cinnamon, this salad is one of the BEST for fall. Top it off with a sweet or savory vinaigrette and enjoy!
Servings 4 Servings
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 6 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup walnut halves
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine the chickpeas, olive oil, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, and salt together.
Spread the chickpeas out on a baking sheet and roast for about 20-30 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
Toss the chopped kale, pepitas, walnuts, pomegranate arils, dried cranberries, and vinaigrette together.
Add in the roasted chickpeas, toss, and enjoy!
- Feel free to use kale, spinach, or arugula, or any type of green that you want. You can also use this salad chopper and bowl to make your own chopped kale, too!
- Store the salad in a sealed salad bowl or airtight container in the refrigerator to keep it fresh for up to 2 days.
Calories: 457kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 186mg | Potassium: 639mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 10040IU | Vitamin C: 123mg | Calcium: 168mg | Iron: 3mg