Easy Fluffy Pecan Pancakes
The best EASY Fluffy Pecan Pancakes recipe! Made with whole wheat flour, oat milk, cinnamon, and chopped pecans, these pancakes are light, healthy, vegan, and dairy-free. It's like having pecan pie for breakfast!
Servings 8 Pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp raw sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup oat milk
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Mix the oat milk and vinegar together, set aside.
Spray a pan with coconut oil and set over medium heat.
Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and stir just until mixed (ensuring not to overmix).
Pour about 1/2 cup of batter into the oiled pan, then sprinkle the chopped pecans on top.
Cook each pancake for about 1 minute (or until bubbles form), then flip.
Serve and enjoy!
- I like to spray a skillet with coconut oil so there isn't too much oil in the pan. If you don't have coconut oil you can try any other mild flavored oil, olive oil probably won't work for this recipe.
- As well as pecans this recipe also works with hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews or even chestnuts
- You can swap Greek yogurt for any natural yogurt, try going for one with a thicker consistency
- This is a great recipe for using up overripe bananas but bare in mind that the riper they are the sweet the taste
- You can make the pancakes in advance and store in an airtight container. Make sure to store the topping separately.
Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g