Baked Glazed Doughnuts
Baked instead of fried, these glazed doughnuts are a much healthier alternative that don't compromise on flavor. Made with simple ingredients, these sweet and delicious treats are super easy to make at home!
Servings 6 Doughnuts
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the egg, vanilla, melted coconut oil, apple sauce, and milk.
Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until the dough is smooth (it will be slightly thick).
Pipe or spoon the dough into an oiled doughnut pan.
Bake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool about 5 minutes, then use a spatula to slowly remove each doughnut from the pan.
Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
Once doughnuts have cooled, place each doughnut in the bowl (face down) to coat with glaze.
Let the glaze dry, serve, and enjoy!
- Feel free to use sweetened applesauce if you're looking for a sweeter dough.
- This recipe uses all-purpose flour, but half of the flour can be substituted for whole wheat flour if desired.
- Use a piping bag to pipe the dough into the pan for extra fluffy doughnuts.
- You can easily adapt the flavors of these doughnuts by adding citrus juices, zest or even adding some chocolate chips or berries into the mix.
- Before glazing the doughnuts, make sure the doughnuts have cooled.
- Store the doughnuts in an airtight container for up to 5 days - 1 week BEFORE adding the glaze.
- These doughnuts can also be frozen before adding the glaze.
Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 198mg | Potassium: 74mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 61IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 1mg