Fluffy Sourdough Pancakes
Delicious, fluffy Sourdough Pancakes that are perfect for starting the day off right! We're loving how quick and easy these pancakes are to make. Use all-purpose flour, whole wheat, or a mix of both for these yummy pancakes!
Servings 16 Pancakes
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 2 cups flour all-purpose, whole wheat, or both
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
Combine the sourdough starter, flour, sugar, and milk.
Cover the mixture and allow to "rest" at room temperature for 2-12 hours.
Combine the baking soda, salt, coconut oil, and eggs together in a separate bowl.
Add to the sourdough mixture and mix until smooth (without over mixing).
Spoon the batter on to an oiled skillet or pan and cook the pancakes for about 3 minutes on each side.
Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe works best with all-purpose flour. However, feel free to use whole wheat flour or a mixture of both!
- Any type of milk will work great in this recipe.
- Butter is also a great substitution if you don't have coconut oil on hand.
- Letting the batter "rest" for as long as possible allows the sourdough starter and the flour to ferment and become more digestible.
- The batter will be slightly thick! Use a spoon to shape the batter in the skillet to create perfectly fluffy pancakes.
- Once cooled, feel free to store these sourdough pancakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week or the freezer for up to 3 months!
Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 131mg | Potassium: 47mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 63IU | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg