Asian Tofu Rice Bowls
Crispy tofu, savory zucchini, sliced carrots, and fresh avocado, all served over delicious fried rice and covered in a sauce that's the perfect balance of sweet and savory. If you're on the search for a quick and easy vegan dinner recipe, these Asian Tofu Rice Bowls are delicious!
Servings 4 Bowls
- 1 16 oz. block extra-firm tofu
- 3/4 cup Mahatma® Long Grain White & Jasmine Rice
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 Tbsp agave syrup or honey
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves minced
- 3 cups zucchini noodles about 2 large zucchini
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tsp sesame seeds optional
Press the tofu between paper towels or napkins to remove as much water as possible.
While the tofu is pressing, cook the rice according to directions.
Whisk the soy sauce, agave, and ginger together in a medium sized bowl.
Cut the tofu into small cubes and allow to soak in the sauce mixture for about 5 minutes.
While the tofu is soaking, heat up the sesame oil over medium heat and lightly cook the garlic.
Add in the soaked tofu (leaving the extra sauce in the bowl) and cook until crispy (about 10-15 minutes).
While the tofu is cooking, spiralize the zucchini.
Add the zucchini and carrots to the pan and sauté.
Pour the extra sauce and the rice into the pan and cook for another 5 minutes (or until everything is evenly coated and hot).
Serve with avocado and sesame seeds (optional)!
- Soy sauce - Feel free to use Tamari as a gluten free option!
- Agave syrup - Don't have agave syrup? Feel free to use honey instead.
- Zucchini noodles - Another option is to purchase pre-made zucchini noodles or simply cut zucchini into small cubes.
- Shredded carrots - You can also cut regular carrots into small cubes as an option!
- The trick to getting the tofu extra crispy and delicious is to make sure to press it before getting started!
Calories: 449kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 815mg | Potassium: 878mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 5774IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 2mg