Easy Healthy Toddler Muffins (Blueberry & Banana)
Healthy Toddler Muffins made with blueberry, mashed banana, and oatmeal. They're easy to make, perfectly soft, moist, and great for a healthy toddler breakfast or wholesome snack!
Servings 9 Muffins
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal baby cereal or lightly ground rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 medium ripe banana mashed
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter, lightly melted
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal baby cereal, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
In a smaller bowl, mash the banana with a fork until smooth.
Add in the applesauce, vanilla, eggs, coconut oil, and almond milk.
Mix until mostly smooth.
Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until even.
Fold the blueberries into the batter.
Pour the batter into a lined muffin tin and bake for 25 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe makes 9 medium muffins or 12 mini muffins.
- Use a fork to mash the banana until (mostly) smooth. If the banana is lumpy, the batter will be overly lumpy! A ripe banana works best.
- Once the ingredients are combined, be sure to keep from OVER mixing the batter.
- The batter should be thick (since we are working with healthy alternatives, such as whole wheat flour and oatmeal cereal), but also light and fluffy.
Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 133mg | Potassium: 131mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 80IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg