Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins
Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins that are sweet, delicate, and wholesome! Easily make these muffins gluten free or vegan and have them ready in 30 minutes or less.
Servings 12 Muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cups unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut shredded
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup raisins optional
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts optional
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, mix the egg, vanilla, apple sauce, brown sugar, coconut oil, carrots, coconut, and almond milk together.
Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined (making sure not to overmix the batter).
Mix in raisins and crushed walnuts if desired.
Pour the batter into a lined muffin tin and bake for about 25-30 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
Let cool and enjoy!
- The batter for these muffins will be slightly thick, but light!
- Make sure not to over-mix the batter. Mix until just combined, then lightly mix in any add-ins (such as raisins and walnuts).
- Take these muffins to another level by topping with a little bit of extra brown sugar!
- Once cooled, carrot cake muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days, the refrigerator for up to 5 days, and the freezer for up to 2 months.
Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 220mg | Potassium: 217mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1834IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 1mg