Gingerbread Loaf Recipe
This gingerbread loaf recipe is made with simple, lightened-up ingredients and tastes AMAZING. Everyone will love the soft, moist textures and the spiced flavors of this yummy gingerbread cake loaf!
Servings 12 Slices
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground clove
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut oil lightly melted
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar optional
White Chocolate Drizzle (Optional)
Making the Gingerbread Loaf
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix the flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and clove together in a large bowl.
Whisk the eggs, vanilla, coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup, molasses, milk, and brown sugar together in a separate bowl until smooth.
Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold the batter just until combined.
Pour the batter into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
Bake for about 45 - 50 minutes (or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean).
Let cool in the oven with the door open for 5-10 minutes, then let cool at room temperature for another 10 minutes.
Making the White Chocolate Drizzle
Heat the white chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds, pausing every 15 seconds to mix.
Mix until smooth, then drizzle over the gingerbread loaf.
Cut the loaf into slices and enjoy!
- Don't over-mix the batter! Simply fold the batter until it's combined.
- Line your loaf pan with baking parchment or grease it lightly with oil to keep it from sticking.
- To test the loaf and see if it is done, insert a wooden skewer or toothpick into the middle. It's done when it comes out clean!
- You can also make this gingerbread loaf recipe into muffins!
- Remember to preheat the oven and place the loaf on the middle shelf of the oven.
- This gingerbread loaf can be refrigerated for 3-5 days or frozen for up to 3 months!
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 193mg | Potassium: 317mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 2mg