Before this trip, Cody and I hadn’t taken a vacation in well over a year. Which is absolutely not ok! This trip to Miami ended up being one of the most refreshing trips that we’ve ever had and we enjoyed every second of it.
Not only was it completely amazing to get away from the cold Oklahoma winds and go somewhere sunny and warm, but I also decided to take a technology break while I was there. I completely turned off emails (something I’ve actually NEVER done – I know, I know!), I left my phone in our room every day, and I focused on just being where I was. Guys! This is a new fave thing.
I also left my “good” camera at home (something I also never do when we go on trips). While I did take photos on my phone, our trip to Miami was focused on just enjoying our time there together and soaking up every moment of our potentially last vacation before our little one joins our lives!
Places To Go in Miami:
- Wynwood is a really great area! Tons of amazing places to eat and, of course, the Wynwood Walls. So perfect for photo ops and sight seeing!
- While we didn’t have time to visit this area, we heard from several people that Bayside Marketplace has a great view of the city!
- Museum of Ice Cream! While we didn’t have a chance to visit, the photos look amazing and so fun!
- The beach, why of course. I definitely recommend Mid-Beach! South beach is really nice, but can get a little busy and crazy at times.
- The boardwalk is wonderful for going for a jog, bike ride, or just a slow stroll. It’s right next to the beach and also a great spot to people watch!
Places To Eat In Miami:
- Bella Cuba & Havana 1957 for delicious cuban food, which is an absolute must in Miami!
- Morgans Restaurant for brunch. The best french toast I’ve ever had!
- Joe’s Stone Crab for really great seafood!
- Tapas & Tintos has an amazing Spanish menu. The area that this restaurant is in is also super fun!
Places To Stay On Miami Beach:
We loved staying in the Mid-Beach area! There are tons of amazing hotels and resorts in that area. The hotels back up right to the boardwalk and the beach, so it’s the perfect place to stay if your goal is to spend a lot of time on the beach (which was 100% our plan)!
RELATED: Our Week in San Francisco