In This Post
- What is Collagen Powder?
- The Benefits of Collagen Powder
- 15 Best Collagen Powders for Women
What is Collagen Powder?
Collagen is something that’s naturally found in our bodies. It’s an element of our protein compositions and brings structure, as it is one of the building blocks of our systems. Collagen powder is a supplement made from animal tissue that is claimed to promote skin elasticity, hair strength, support bones and joints, and so much more.
The Types of Collagen
While there are many types of collagen, there are 3 main types of collagen powders you can purchase and supplement with:
- Type I – The hair, skin, and nails collagen! This type of collagen is the one that is most known for “preserving” collagen levels and keeping strength and elasticity in these areas. It can also help with tendon, bone, and organ health!
- Type II – Is your goal to improve your overall bone and joint health? Then Type II collagen is the type for you.
- Type III – This type of collagen can help with organ health, focusing on intestines, muscles, blood vessels, and the uterus. Often supplemented in conjunction with Type 1 collagen, it’s great for overall wellness!
Collagen Powder Vs. Pill
Collagen powder can be added to foods and drinks, while collagen pills are simply capsules filled with collagen powder. One of the benefits of collagen powder vs. collagen pills is that you can consume a larger amount of the protein supplement in powder form, since only a small amount can fit in a pill.
The Benefits of Collagen Powder
Collagen powder is known to have many amazing health benefits. Here’s a few ways that a collagen supplement can improve your overall wellness:
- It has “preserving” effects, such as slowing down the aging process.
- Can improve skin elasticity.
- Makes hair and nails stronger.
- Potentially improves joint and bone health, leading to less aches and pains.
- Promotes gut health.
- Improves heart health.
- Adds more protein to daily nutrition.
Personally, I love incorporating collagen powder into my daily routine!
How to Take Collagen Powder?
There are many ways to take collagen powder! Since collagen powder can be consumed in both hot and cold foods and drinks, it makes it especially versatile for adding to daily meals. Here are a few ideas for how to take collagen powder and incorporate it into your daily routine:
- Add it to your morning coffee. They trick here is to make sure that you whisk it into your coffee or latte so that the peptides fully dissolve!
- Blend it into a smoothie. Any smoothie works great! I love Smoothie Box for adding collagen to smoothies because they send you collagen packets that are the perfect amount for each smoothie. And the smoothies are delivered right to your doorstep!
- Add it to oatmeal. Since collagen is typically tasteless, it’s perfect for adding to all types of meals and recipes.
- Bake or cook it into muffins, cookies, pancakes, or waffles. Yes, you can even add it to baked goods! These protein waffles made with collagen powder are a great way to start the day.
- Make a collagen latte. Want to enjoy it on it’s own? Try this Matcha Latte recipe made with matcha collagen powder.
- Blend it into soups. Add collagen powder to a soup and blend it with an immersion blender. This Pumpkin Curry Soup is one of the best ways to incorporate collagen!
15 Best Collagen Powders for Women
The most popular collagen powder! With so many types and variations, Vital Proteins is truly one of the best collagen powders out there. Aside from the classic collagen powder, here are some of the fun options for collagen supplements with Vital Proteins:
- Morning Get Up and Glow Collagen Peptides (90mg of Caffeine for Energy Plus Vitamin C)
- Beauty Collagen Peptides Powder Supplement for Women
- Blueberry Moon Milk Collagen Latte Supplement
- Collagen Coffee Creamer (No Dairy & Low Sugar Powder)
Naked Nutrition offers a simple Collagen Peptides Powder that’s versatile and perfect for everyday routines. This is a great option if you’re looking for one that’s made with simple ingredients!
Another popular option for collagen is the Neocell Super Collagen Powder! It’s easy to use, made with grass-fed, hydrolyzed collagen peptides, and great for adding to meals and drinks.
This collagen drink powder is ready to mix and perfect for busy days!
Great lakes is well known for their collagen hydrolysate. It’s grass-fed, pasteurized, unflavored, and versatile for adding to everyday meals!
One of the most trust-worthy brands for wellness! I love that Thrive Market has so many amazing flavors for collagen peptides, such as matcha, vanilla, chocolate, and mocha.
Just like it sounds – natural and clean! This is perfect if you’re looking for a simple collagen powder with nothing else added to it.
This marine collagen is great for improving the overall health of skin, hair, and nails! Flavorless and odorless, it’s perfect for adding the recipes.
Looking for a vegan or plant-based collagen powder? PlantFusion Plant Peptides (Collagen Beauty) are made entirely from plants and taste amazing!
A mix of collagen (Type I and Type III) from grass-fed bovines and powdered MCT oil, this powerful blend provides protein to support bone, joint, hair, skin, and nail health.
Live Conscious Collagen Peptides uses hydrolyzed collagen peptides from bovine sources certified as grass-fed and pasture-raised. It’s one of the best collagen powders for women!
Third-Party tested to back every claim, Garden of Life Grass Fed Collagen Peptides are sustainably sourced from cows that are pasture raised to a strict standard. It’s also non-GMO, gluten free, keto, and paleo!
Anthony’s is one of my favorite brands for well-priced wellness products! Their Collagen Peptide Powder has no added flavors or colors, is high in protein content, and is also tasteless. It’s also made from pasture-raised, grass fed cattle from USA who are free of hormones, steroids and antibiotics. This collagen powder is one of the best!
Another amazing vegan option! Sunwarrior Vegan Collagen Building Protein Peptides are made with plant-based protein and protein peptides. It’s keto, paleo friendly, soy-free, gluten-free, vegan, and has no added sugars!
Primal Kitchen Chocolate Coconut Collagen Fuel is packed with the purest of ingredients to make uncompromisingly delicious shakes and smoothies free of sugar, dairy, whey and soy. It’s one of my favorites for a ready-to-go collagen powder supplement!