This post is in partnership with Vital Proteins, but my love for their amazing collagen peptides is completely my own!
Getting more protein in our diets – that’s the ultimate struggle, isn’t it? Well, at least for me it is. I tend to gravitate a little more towards sugary, carb-loaded foods, so getting enough protein in my diet seems to be a bit of a daily challenge.
That’s why I always love it when I can add protein and collagen peptides to one of my favorite foods! These protein waffles are SO delicious, easy to make, and loaded with amazing nutrients. I’m also loving adding Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides to these protein waffles since they’re high in protein, great for joint and bone health, and support overall wellness. Not to mention that there are beauty benefits, too. Healthy skin, hair, and nails due to promotion of collagen formation? Yes, please!
If you’re wanting to add more protein and nutrients to your everyday meals, then this Easy Protein Waffles Recipe is for you!
How to make this Easy Protein Waffles Recipe
- For the flour, I made my own rolled oat flour by blending rolled oats into a fine flour. However, whole wheat flour works great, too!
- For the milk, I used unsweetened cashew milk. However, almond milk or oat milk are also wonderful!
- Depending on the season, feel free to add spices or fruit to the batter. A few blueberries added to the batter make this recipe perfect for spring, or a little pumpkin spice and cinnamon make an excellent fall variation!
- What sets these waffles apart? Using Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides in the recipe! With 20 grams of protein, the collagen peptides are perfect for adding nutrition and taking these easy protein waffles to the next level.
Pro-tip: As a busy mom, daily collagen intake is SO important for overall health and wellness. I love that I can add Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides to this recipe, hot or cold drinks, overnight oats, and use it in so many ways! I use the unflavored collagen peptides, so they’re perfect for this recipe and more. If you’re interested in trying it out, grab yours HERE!
Storing and freezing
Storing and freezing these protein waffles is easy! Simply let cool, then place in the refrigerator and cover with a paper towel (until completely cool). Top the container with an airtight lid, then store in the refrigerator for up to a week or the freezer for up to a month!
What do these protein waffles pair with?
Here are some options to serve protein waffles with:
- Fresh fruit – berries, apples, bananas, etc. Any fruit pairs well with these protein waffles!
- Greek (or coconut) yogurt can add even more protein and tastes amazing. Top your protein waffles with yogurt or serve it on the side!
- Add real maple syrup or a drizzle of honey to these waffles to sweeten them a bit.
- Goji berries, cacao nibs, sliced almonds, coconut shavings, walnuts, peanut butter. The options are limitless!
- Want to make these savory? Try adding avocado and a fried egg to top these waffles off!
- My current favorite pairing: The Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen made into a matcha latte with oat milk and a little bit of honey. All the praise hands, guys! It’s SO good!
P.S: Get the Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen on sale this month (through 5/12/19) for Mother’s Day!
Easy Protein Waffles Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oat flour
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk (or oat milk)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the waffle maker.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the oat flour, collagen peptides, and baking powder together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, milk, vanilla, and salt together.
- Combine the dry and liquid ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Spray coconut oil (or oil of choice) on the waffle maker and pour the batter into it.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Serve and enjoy or store and freeze for later!
Leave a Reply