Today’s post is a little bit different than the usual. While we normally stick to wholesome recipes, today we’re going the mason jar DIY route and celebrating something fun: summer birthdays! Cody and I have so many friends that have summer birthdays. It can be overwhelming to have to purchase gifts for each person, but this Birthday Cake In A Jar gift DIY is a wonderful way to let them know they’re loved and celebrated!
Watch this quick video on how to make this Birthday Cake In A Jar Gift DIY:
What you’ll need for this Birthday Cake In A Jar (Gift DIY):
- mason jars
- mini wooden spoons
- gift twine
- organic funfetti cake mix
- organic vanilla frosting
- sprinkles (I prefer naturally dyed)
- round cookie cutter
- birthday card
If you don’t have organic funfetti cake mix, feel free to use the Healthy Strawberry Shortcake or Gluten Free Funfetti Cupcakes recipes!
And you can’t have the birthday gift without the birthday card, right? I guess you can, but in this case, I couldn’t not grab one of these summer occasions greeting cards while I was browsing the card section at Target. They’re perfect for pairing with these Birthday Cake In A Jar gift DIYs!
Personally, I’m loving all of the bright colors of these summer occasions greeting cards. There are several styles to choose from that have been designed by featured artists! The one I chose is from Cannaday Chapman. I loved her blend of colors and texture in this design – it would add a great personal touch to any gift.
Step-by-step instructions for this Birthday Cake In A Jar (Gift DIY):
- Bake the funfetti cake mix according to directions.
- Once the cake has baked and cooled, cut circles out of the cake using the cookie cutter (watch video to see how this is done).
- Place a layer of cake in the mason jar, then top with a layer of icing.
- Repeat the layering until the mason jar is nearly full.
- End the layering with icing, topped with sprinkles.
- Add the lid to the jar, then tie a wooden spoon on the front with gift twine.
- Pair with the perfect birthday card and gift away!
If you’re looking for the perfect card to pair these Birthday Cake In A Jar gift DIYs with, be sure to use this Cartwheel offer at Target to grab a summer occasions greeting card designed by a featured artist!
Looking for more gift DIYs? Check out these Overnight Oats DIY Mason Jar Gifts!
Leave a Reply