Oh yes, you heard right.
I know it’s all about fall recipes right now, but this girl loves some Funfetti.
And every once in a while, I just need a good dose of birthday cake.
I used to be a chocolate fanatic. I wanted chocolate, caramel, gooey and warm…like these Chocolate Caramel Brownies! But lately all I want is some sprinkle covered goodness!
Now I’m quite aware how horrible sprinkles are for you. Aside from SO MUCH SUGAR, they come with tons of dye and chemicals. Not ok. The good news is, these rice krispy treats are still amazing without sprinkles.
However, if you’re like me and they’re a MUST (mostly cause they look amazing), there are lots of great healthy sprinkles out there that you can buy, like these!
Otherwise, you can try making your own. Here’s a great recipe for healthy, homemade sprinkles!
These healthy birthday cake rice krispie treats are great for kids birthday parties, or any birthday party for someone who isn’t crazy about cake. OR…..because sprinkles! And funfetti!
I made mine pretty soft, but if you want a stronger consistency you can just add more almond butter and honey. Try this recipe out and let me know what you think! Be sure to hashtag your #JarOfLemons creations for a chance to be featured on my Instagram!
Birthday Cake Rice Krispie Treats
- 1/2 Cup Cashews
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 Tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 1/2 Cups Brown Rice Cereal
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Sprinkles optional
- 2 Tbsp Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Erythritol Sugar
- Blend the cashews into a "butter".
- Mix in salt, honey, vanilla, almond butter, and yogurt.
- Mix in brown rice cereal, sea salt and a small portion of the optional sprinkles, then pour into a flat pan and shape.
- Refrigerate to let set, then cut into squares and top with icing and the rest of the optional sprinkles!