If I had to choose one food love for the remainder of my life, it would hands down be donuts. Ok, and pizza. I really love pizza. Depends on the day and my cravings, ya know? But today, it’s donuts.
And sometimes, you just REALLY want a good donut. But you’re trying to eat healthy, and the struggle is real. Anyone?
Introducing one of my new faves: Lemon Poppy Seed Healthy Baked Donuts!
All the feels with these healthy donuts, y’all. I’m so obsessed.
What can I top my healthy baked donut with?
The recipe for these Lemon Poppy Seed Healthy Baked Donuts includes an optional sugar glaze (if you’re feeling extra indulgent), but here are some healthier options for toppings:
- Yogurt + Fruit (SO good, especially for breakfast!)
- Cashew Butter + Chopped Walnuts
- Honey Drizzle
- Healthy Icing from the Maple Pecan Doughnuts recipe (donuts or doughnuts? I’ll never be able to decide)
What’s in Lemon Poppy Seed Healthy Baked Donuts?
Rolled oats, baking powder, poppy seeds, eggs, cashew butter, banana, lemon extract, and honey. That’s it!
How to make these Lemon Poppy Seed Healthy Baked Donuts:
You will need a donut pan or donut maker. Mix all of the donut ingredients together in a food processor (I absolutely love using my Ninja food processor for this) and pour into the donut pan. Bake for about 30 minutes and done! Top with glaze (recipe below) or add your toppings of choice and enjoy!
Love donuts? Here are more healthy baked donut recipes!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Blender Donuts
- Healthy Carrot Cake Mini Doughnuts
- Maple Pecan Doughnuts
- Glazed Doughnut
Lemon Poppy Seed Healthy Baked Donuts
Healthy Baked Donuts
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the rolled oats in a blender or food processor and blend into a flour-like texture.
- Add the baking powder, salt, eggs, cashew butter, banana, lemon extract, and honey, then blend (on a low setting) until everything is evenly mixed together.
- Add the poppy seeds and hand mix into the batter.
- Pour the batter into an oiled donut pan and bake for about 15 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
- If desired, mix the sugar and milk to create the glaze and drizzle over the cooled donuts.
- Serve and enjoy!