Well, friends, it’s finally here! 2015 is coming to an end. And even though I’m here to talk about the best Maple Pecan Doughnuts evahhhh, I want to take just a moment to reflect on this amazing year.
This year has been so very special to me. In 2015, I got married (yay!!!), left the big city and moved to a small town, left my job, started 2 businesses (photography and a music school from home), gained a new family, made lots of new friends, and started Jar Of Lemons!
It’s been a whirlwind of a year, but one of the best! While there have been many ups and downs (as I’m sure there have been for all of us), I’m so grateful for my savior, all of my family, dear friends, and for you guys. You guys truly mean so much to me!
Starting this space has been one of my favorite things, and I’ve loved getting to know you all and getting to walk through this healthy eating journey with you! From the bottom of my heart, thank you!
So here’s to another great year! And also from the bottom of my heart, and a not so serious note, these Maple Pecan Doughnuts are SO good. 😉 Trust me, you will go back for a second one!
And while many of you may have a New Years resolution to eat healthier this next year, sometimes it’s easier to transition to eating healthy instead of going cold turkey, am I right? <——I mean, that’s just my personal opinion. Everyone’s different.
However, if you do need a transition to healthier breakfast or even dessert, these Maple Pecan Doughnuts are for you! Creamy, naturally sweet, melt-in-your-mouth!
All you will need is the ingredients below, an oven, and this doughnut pan. It’s my fave! Or you can create mini Maple Pecan Doughnuts with this pan, and then proceed to make Mini Bundt Stuffing for a dinner side dish. SO. Many. Options.
- Baking Powder
- Maple Syrup
- Greek Yogurt
- My Healthy Frosting
Here’s a quick tip for making these look pretty: When you take them out of the pan, decorate the bottoms instead of the tops. They look much better!
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes To Try:
- Healthy Carrot Cake Mini Doughnuts
- Gingerbread French Toast
- Healthy Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Gingerbread Oatmeal Pancakes
Maple Pecan Doughnuts
For the Doughnuts:
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 3 Tbsp warm water
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 packets stevia
- 3 Tbsp real maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
For the Frosting:
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp real maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the yeast and warm water. Set aside for about 5 minutes.
- Combine the dry and liquid ingredients separately (except for the pecans). Add the yeast mixture to the liquid ingredients and mix in.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix. Lastly, add in the chopped pecans.
- Spray the doughnut pan with coconut oil. Place the dough in the pan and bake for about 20 minutes (or until lightly browned).
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the pecans until they are finely ground.
- Add in the yogurt and keep blending until a very smooth icing texture has been created.
- Mix in the maple syrup and vanilla.
- Top the cooled doughnuts with icing and add extra chopped pecans (optional)!
Leave a Reply