Easy Sweet Potato & Green Bean Baby Food Recipe that’s perfect for babies 6-12 months old. Your little one will love this recipe!
If you’re looking to introduce green beans to your baby, this recipe is a great way to do it. Mixing green beans with sweet potato help disguise the green bean flavor a bit while also adding a second vegetable to the puree. Your little one will love this Sweet Potato & Green Bean Baby Food Recipe!
Related: Zucchini & Apple Baby Food Recipe
How to make this Sweet Potato & Green Bean Baby Food Recipe
1. Peel and cut the sweet potato
Wash the sweet potato, then remove the skin with a potato peeler and cut the sweet potato into small cubes.
2. Wash and cut the green beans
Cut the ends off if they are stringy and slice the green beans in half.
3. Steam the vegetables
This can be done in a steaming tray or a baby food maker (our preferred method). Steam the vegetables for about 15-20 minutes!
4. Blend into a puree
This step is SO easy in a baby food maker, but can also be accomplished in a blender.
5. Store in the refrigerator or freezer
Let cool and serve immediately or store for later. To store, place the baby food in baby food jars without the lid in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Add the airtight lids, then store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or the freezer for up to 3 months!
Sweet Potato & Green Bean Baby Food Recipe
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 cups whole green beans
- Wash, peel, and cut the sweet potato into small cubes.
- Wash and trim the ends of the green beans.
- Cut the green beans in half.
- Place the vegetables in a steamer or baby food maker and steam for 15-20 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Blend the vegetables into a puree.
- Let cool and serve or store for later!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. These are products that I know, trust, and love!