If you’re looking to add more green vegetables to your little one’s meals, this Peas & Avocado Baby Food Recipe is for you!
Something that was a struggle for meal times when my little guy was around 8 months old was giving him green veggies. He hated them! Sweet potato? Yes. Apples? Absolutely. But peas or green beans? No way! He would literally spit it out. It was so frustrating!
Thankfully, this Peas & Avocado Baby Food Recipe seems to have changed the way he feels about green vegetables and he now LOVES them! Make this easy recipe in about 10-15 minutes and refrigerate or freeze. Your little one will love it!
How to make this Sweet Potato & Green Bean Baby Food Recipe
Steam the peas
Using a baby food maker or steaming basket, steam the peas for about 10-15 minutes (or until soft).
Mash the avocado
While the peas are steaming, peel and cut the avocado into small cubes. Mash in a small bowl.
Blend into a puree
Combine the steamed peas and fresh, mashed avocado in a blender and blend into a puree. Add water or breast milk to achieve the desired consistency.
Serve fresh or store for later
Serve fresh or store in airtight baby food containers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or the freezer for up to 3 months!
More baby food recipes you’ll love:
- Pineapple & Spinach Baby Food Recipe
- Asparagus & Rice Baby Food Recipe
- Beets & Blueberries Baby Food Recipe
- Banana Kale Oatmeal Baby Food Recipe
- Carrot Butternut Squash Baby Food Recipe
- Zucchini & Apple Baby Food Recipe
Peas & Avocado Baby Food Recipe
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 avocado medium
- Steam the peas for about 10-15 minutes (or until soft).
- Peel, cut, and mash the avocado.
- Blend the peas and avocado together to create a puree.
- Mix in water or breast milk to create the desired consistency.
- Serve fresh or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and the freezer for up to 3 months!
Want to save time? Have baby food delivered to your doorstep! Little Spoon Organic sends the best, healthy and organic baby food purees right to your door so you never have to worry about what to feed your little one. Sign up today!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. These are products that I know, trust, and love!