After all, this seems to be the ultimate craving of mine these days. Every night after dinner lately, Cody and I discuss going on an ice cream run at length. Every night. Most often I try to opt for frozen cherries or these Strawberry Chia Seed Popsicles, but sometimes I cave! There’s NOTHING like creamy, cold, soft, and sweet ice cream on a warm summer night.
This Vegan Salted Caramel & Chamomile Ice Cream is here to save the day, friends! Yes, it’s vegan. Yes, it’s healthier than regular ice cream. Yes, it tastes JUST like regular ice cream! Actually, IMO, way better. Not to mention I loaded up the chamomile flavor with real, fine cut Anthony’s Goods Organic Chamomile! It’s truly my fave and just the best.
ALSO: Vegan Ice Cream Cones that happen to be gluten-free. You need these in your life, friend! This ice cream is amazing on it’s own, but it’s ANOTHER LEVEL with these cones!
Now let’s talk about this vegan salted caramel situation. It’s the best caramel sauce I’ve ever had, people! Creamy, sweet, salty, heavenly. I. CAN’T. EVEN. Literally, it’s just dates, vanilla, and water. Head over to the Vegan Salted Date Caramel Chocolate Cookies post for the super easy recipe!
As far as what type of coconut milk and cream to use, I buy organic and make sure there’s no added sugar. This Organic Coconut Cream and this Organic Light Coconut Milk are some of my faves! Regular coconut cream typically has a TON of added sugar and it’s calories are significantly more, so I recommend trying to find an organic, pure cream. 🙂
Make a big batch of this Vegan Salted Caramel & Chamomile Ice Cream and keep it for throughout the week!
I’m all about making things once and freezing so it’ll last awhile! Like when I made a MILLION (not really, but basically) of these Mocha Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes and froze them so they would last forever. Idk what that says about me, but it definitely makes life easier!
Here’s the recipe:
Vegan Salted Caramel & Chamomile Ice Cream
- 2 13 oz . cans organic lite coconut milk
- 15 oz . can organic coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp Anthony's Goods Organic Chamomile
- Vegan Salted Caramel recipe from Vegan Salted Date Caramel Chocolate Cookies
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Combine the 2 cans of coconut milk and the can of coconut cream in a pot over medium heat.
- Once the milk is warm, add the loose chamomile and stir. Continue heating for a total of 15 minutes.
- Remove the mixture and strain. Pour into a container and freeze 6-8 hours (or untilfrozen).
- When ready to serve, remove from freezer and thaw. While the ice cream is thawing, create the date caramel from the Vegan Salted Date Caramel Chocolate Cookies recipe.
- Spoon the caramel over the ice cream, serve, and enjoy!