These Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Are Life Changing!
Say hello to your new favorite dessert: Vegan Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookies! They are SO. DELICIOUS. Whether you’re making these for an evening treat or taking them to a gathering, there’s nothing like delicious double chocolate cookies that are both wholesome and melt-in-your mouth perfection at the same time. You’d never even guess that they’re vegan!
RELATED: 25+ Healthy Chocolate Recipes
All-Purpose + Whole Wheat Flour – A mix of all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour makes for the perfect texture. However, feel free to substitute more all-purpose flour for the whole wheat flour if desired.
Cocoa Powder – Use a vegan cocoa powder (or cacao powder) to make these chocolate cookies!
Vegan Butter – This recipe calls for vegan butter, but slightly melted coconut oil works great, too!
Granulated + Brown Sugar – A mix of both granulated and brown sugar sweeten these vegan cookies to perfection.
Cashew Butter – The cashew butter in this recipe helps add moisture and bind the cookie dough. Another option is to use almond butter instead!
Vegan Caramel – This date caramel recipe is the star of the show! However, using store-bought vegan caramel is a great option as well.
Vegan Chocolate Chips – These chocolate chips are vegan and so perfect for these cookies!
Sea Salt – Sea salt flakes or pink salt are both great for topping of these caramel chocolate cookies. So yummy!
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Cookies with Salted Caramel
Here’s a quick overview for how to make these Vegan Chocolate Cookies with Salted Caramel in 5 easy steps:
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Mix the liquid ingredients.
- Bring together and add chocolate chips.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake, let cool, and top with extra caramel and flaky salt!
Making the Vegan Date Caramel
Feel free to make your own vegan date caramel for this recipe or use store-bought vegan caramel instead. Both are great options! To make your own caramel, simply blend:
- 12 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
That’s it! Blend until smooth and store in the refrigerator. Be sure to check out this Vegan Date Caramel Sauce blog post for the full recipe!
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chips
There are so many delicious options for vegan chocolate chips! Here are some of my favorites to use in chocolate chip cookies:
How to Store Vegan Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookies
Store these Vegan Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookies just like any chocolate chip cookie recipe. Let them cool completely, them keep in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days!
You can also freeze them in an airtight container for up to 3 months!
More Wholesome Cookie Recipes
- The BEST Chocolate Chip Healthy Cookie Recipe
- Healthy-ish Chocolate Cherry Soft Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Cookies
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
- Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
More Vegan Dessert Recipes
- Vegan Butterfinger Cheesecake
- No-Bake Chocolate Hazelnut Pie
- Vegan Salted Caramel & Chamomile Ice Cream
- Healthy Apple Crisp Recipe
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Vegan Salted Date Caramel Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, lightly melted (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegan caramel
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- sea salt for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the flours, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the vegan butter, brown sugar, regular sugar, cashew butter, vanilla, and vegan caramel.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix.
- Spoon the cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake each batch of cookies for 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool, then drizzle each cookie with a little extra caramel and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Let the caramel set, then enjoy!
- Use store-bought vegan caramel.
- Make your own date caramel by blending together 12 pitted dates, 1/2 cup almond milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla!
Leave a Reply