Friends, say hello to your new favorite dinner: Chicken Tomato Pesto Burrata Pasta. I am OBSESSED! A variation of my new favorite easy dinner recipe, Chicken Pesto Pasta Bake, I’m loving the unique and delicious summer flavors of this pasta burrata.
It’s inspired, unbelievably amazing, wholesome, and SO easy to make. This is a recipe that the entire family will love and ask for over and over again!
RELATED: Easy Weeknight Healthy Pasta Recipes
In This Post
What is Burrata Cheese?
Made from mozzarella and cream, burrata is an Italian cheese that can take a dish from ordinary to extraordinary. This semi-soft cheese comes in the shape of a ball and is best served fresh and at room temperature!
How to Eat Burrata
There are so many wonderful ways to enjoy burrata cheese! In addition to adding truffle oil and a dash of seasoning to it, here are a few ideas for how to eat burrata:
- With Pasta
- Topping for Pizza
- On a Salad
- With Bread
Tips for Adding Burrata to Pasta
There are many ways to add burrata to pasta. One popular method is to simply place a ball of burrata over the pasta, then cut into it and allow the cream to fall over the pasta. Another option is to tear the burrata into small pieces and mix into the pasta!
Substitute for Burrata Cheese
The best substitute for burrata cheese is mozzarella!
Ingredients for Pasta Burrata
Here are some of the main ingredients that you will need for this Chicken Tomato Pesto Burrata Pasta recipe:
Linguine – I typically prefer the whole wheat variation. However, fettuccine or spaghetti also work great in this recipe!
Pesto – My Spinach Basil Pesto recipe is truly one of my FAVORITES for pesto pastas. With added nutrition and flavor, you can’t go wrong! Another option is to use a store-bought pesto, like this one.
Tomatoes – Grape or cherry tomatoes are the best for this recipe!
Cooked Chicken – Whether you roast your own chicken or buy a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store, both are great options and taste delicious.
Basil – I love adding fresh basil at the end of this recipe. However, dried basil or spinach (or a mix of all) are also wonderful. You really can’t go wrong with it!
Burrata – The star of this recipe! Top the pasta with burrata cheese as a last step, cutting into it and letting the cream pour out over the pasta for the ultimate flavor and texture. So yummy!
How to Make Pasta with Burrata Cheese
Here’s how to make pasta burrata:
- Cook the pasta.
- Lightly cook the tomatoes.
- Mix the pasta and pesto over medium heat.
- Add in the chicken, tomatoes, and basil.
- Remove from heat and top or serve with burrata cheese.
Burrata cheese is best served fresh. If you want to make this recipe ahead of time or have leftovers, store the chicken tomato pesto pasta in an airtight container and keep the burrata separate. When you’re ready to serve, heat up the pasta and serve with fresh burrata!
To refrigerate: store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
To freeze: refrigerate the pasta in an airtight container for 1 hour, then freeze for up to 3 months!
To reheat: Add about 1 Tbsp of water or milk, then heat up in the microwave, tossing halfway through. Continue to heat until evenly warm!
Tips for Making Chicken Tomato Pesto Burrata Pasta
- If the pasta seems dry at the end of the recipe, feel free to add more pesto (1/4 cup at a time) until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Use this Spinach Basil Pesto recipe for added nutrition and deliciously homemade flavor!
- Make this your own! Feel free to add chopped walnuts, pistachios, or pine nuts for added texture.
More Wholesome Pasta Recipes
- Creamy Salmon Pasta Recipe
- Chicken Pesto Pasta Bake
- Lemon Garlic Eggplant Mushroom Orzo
- Mushroom & Spinach Pasta Bake
- Healthy Chicken Broccoli Pasta Casserole
- 10-Minute Avocado Pasta Sauce
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Chicken Tomato Pesto Burrata Pasta
- 8 oz. whole wheat linguine
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup pesto
- 2 cups cooked chicken (shredded or cubed)
- 1 cup fresh basil (or 1 Tbsp dried)
- 1 ball burrata (about 4 oz.)
- Cook and drain the pasta, according to directions.
- In a separate pan, heat up the oil and garlic over medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, and pepper, cooking until they begin to soften (about 7-10 minutes).
- Set the tomatoes aside.
- Add in the pesto and pasta, mixing evenly.
- Add in the cooked chicken, mixing until everything is evenly warm.
- Add the tomatoes back in along with the fresh basil.
- Toss the pasta and remove from heat.
- Top with burrata, serve, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply