Healthy comfort food WIN! This Creamy Salmon Pasta Recipe will make all of your food dreams come true. Think comforting pasta topped with lightly pan-fried salmon all smothered in a creamy, easy-to-make sauce that can all be thrown together in less than 30 minutes. Does it get any better than that? Here’s what I’m loving about this recipe:
- It’s made with any type of pasta you want! Banza Casareece or Penne pasta are great options (more on that below), but any type of pasta works wonderfully.
- It’s easy to put together, so it’s perfect for busy weeknights.
- The pasta sauce is dairy free, but the easiest EVER to throw together!
- The salmon. Oh my goodness. Simple, DELICIOUS, and loaded with nutrition!
RELATED: Easy Baked Teriyaki Salmon Recipe
Watch how to make this Creamy Salmon Pasta!
Here’s what you will need (along with a few notes about each ingredient) for this recipe:
I love using Banza pastas since they’re lower carb, higher protein, and higher in fiber. They’re also vegan and dairy free! My favorite for most recipes is the Rotini or Penne, but I also love and used the Casareece in this recipe. If you use this type of healthy pasta, don’t be surprised by the foam it creates while cooking. This is a part of the process (as shown in the photos below). The trick for cooking Banza pasta is to keep from overcooking the pasta!
Other types of pasta that work great in this recipe: pretty much any type! Try whole wheat or gluten free fettuccine, penne, elbows, etc. There are so many options for this dish!
P.S: Get a discount on Banza products by purchasing through Thrive Market! I love using Thrive Market for healthy pantry items delivered right to our doorstep. So amazing!
Wild-caught, skinless salmon is the best option for this Creamy Salmon Pasta recipe. If the salmon you have on hand isn’t skinless, it’s best to remove the skin before starting the recipe.
Need an even quicker option? While pan-fried salmon is best for this recipe, another option is to use canned wild-caught pink salmon to save even more time!
The creamy pasta sauce
Now for the best part! When I say that this creamy pasta sauce is ridiculously easy to make, I mean that it’s RIDICULOUSLY easy to make. And don’t let the dairy free description throw you for a loop: this sauce is AMAZING. Here’s how to make the delicious creamy pasta sauce:
- Combine almond milk (or regular milk), garlic powder, salt, and pepper together in a mixing bowl.
- Heat up the olive oil.
- Whisk in the almond flour.
- Add in the almond milk mixture.
- Whisk the mixture together until smooth.
- That’s it! SO easy.
Simply cook the pasta, cook the salmon, and then combine everything together with this creamy pasta sauce. Cook for a few minutes and DONE! The best healthy weeknight dinner ever, ready to go.
TIP: Be sure to use finely ground blanched almond flour for best results!
How to make Creamy Salmon Pasta
This Creamy Salmon Pasta recipe is one of my go-to’s for easy and healthy weeknight dinners. Why? Because it’s INCREDIBLY easy to make! Here’s a run down for how to whip up this recipe:
1. Combine the ingredients for the sauce (almond milk, garlic, salt, and pepper) and whisk into a creamy sauce.
2. Cook the pasta according to directions and drain.
3. Pan-fry the salmon until cooked.
4. Heat up the olive oil and whisk in the almond flour. Whisk in the sauce and heat until it reduces.
5. Mix in the pasta and salmon – enjoy!
What to pair this Creamy Salmon Pasta with
I’m loving this recipe on it’s own, but it’s also great served with steamed broccoli, green beans, garlic toast, baguette, or a side salad.
Looking for more healthy comfort food? Here are a few recipes you’ll love:
- Healthy Chicken Broccoli Pasta Casserole
- Creamy Pumpkin Pasta
- Mushroom & Spinach Pasta Bake
- Mac and Cheese Stuffed Acorn Squash
Loving this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below!
Creamy Salmon Pasta Recipe
- 8 oz. pasta (of choice)
- 4 salmon filets (skinless)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt/pepper (to taste)
- Cook the pasta according to directions, drain, and set aside.
- Season the salmon filets with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cook the salmon filets with 1 Tbsp of the oil over medium heat for about 4-6 minutes on each side (or until it feels firm to the touch and is fully cooked).
- While the salmon is cooking, whisk together the almond milk, garlic powder, and salt/pepper (to taste) in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Add in the almond flour and whisk to create a paste.
- Add in the almond milk mixture and whisk, bringing to a simmer.
- Continue to simmer and whisk continously for about 7-10 minutes as the sauce heats up, reduces, and thickens.
- Remove from heat and let the sauce sit for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the pasta and stir, coating it evenly in the creamy sauce.
- Cut the salmon into small pieces and lightly mix it into the pasta and sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If the sauce is too thin, add in 2 Tbsp of almond flour at a time up to 1/4 cup to thicken while it is still simmering.
- TIP: Be sure to use finely ground blanched almond flour for best results!
Leave a Reply