Healthy comfort food WIN! This Creamy Salmon Pasta Recipe will make all of your food dreams come true. Think comforting pasta topped with lightly pan-fried salmon all smothered in a creamy, easy-to-make sauce that can all be thrown together in less than 30 minutes. Does it get any better than that? Here’s what we’re loving about this recipe:
- It’s made with any type of pasta you want! We used Banza Casareece pasta (more on that below), but any type of pasta works great.
- It’s easy to put together, so it’s perfect for busy weeknights.
- The pasta sauce is dairy free and gluten free, but the easiest ever to throw together!
- The salmon. Oh my goodness. Simple, DELICIOUS, and loaded with nutrition!
RELATED: Easy Baked Teriyaki Salmon Recipe
How to make this Creamy Salmon Pasta recipe
Start with the pasta
We love using Banza pastas since they’re lower carb, higher protein, and higher in fiber. They’re also vegan and dairy free! Our favorite for most recipes is the Rotini, but we also love and used the Casareece in this recipe. If you use this type of healthy pasta, don’t be surprised by the foam it creates while cooking. This is a part of the process (as show in the photos below). The trick for cooking Banza pasta is to keep the cooking time short!
Other types of pasta that work great in this recipe: pretty much any type! Try whole wheat or gluten free fettuccine, penne, elbows, etc. There are so many options for this dish!
P.S: Get a discount on Banza products by purchasing through Thrive Market! We love using Thrive Market for healthy pantry items delivered right to our doorstep. So amazing!
Wild-caught, skinless salmon is the best option for this Creamy Salmon Pasta recipe. Need an even quicker option? While we love the pan-fried salmon in this recipe best, another option is to add canned wild-caught pink salmon to save even more time!
The creamy pasta sauce
Now for the best part! When we say that this creamy pasta sauce is ridiculously easy to make, we mean that it’s RIDICULOUSLY easy to make. And don’t let the dairy free description throw you for a loop: this sauce is AMAZING. Here’s how to make the delicious creamy pasta sauce:
- Combine olive oil, almond milk, seasoning, and a little bit of almond flour together in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk the mixture together until smooth.
- That’s it! SO easy.
Simply cook the pasta, cook the salmon, and then combine everything together with this creamy pasta sauce. Cook for a few minutes and DONE! The best healthy weeknight dinner ever, ready to go.
What to pair this Creamy Salmon Pasta with
We love this recipe on it’s own, but it’s also great served with steamed broccoli, green beans, garlic toast, baguette, or a side salad.
More healthy comfort food recipes you’ll love
Creamy Salmon Pasta Recipe
- 8 oz. pasta (of choice)
- 4 salmon filets (skinless)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt/pepper (to taste)
- Cook the pasta according to directions, drain, and set aside.
- Season the salmon filets with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cook the salmon filets with 1 Tbsp of the oil over medium heat for about 4-6 minutes on each side (or until it feels firm to the touch and is fully cooked).
- While the salmon is cooking, whisk together the almond milk, garlic powder, and salt/pepper (to taste) in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Add in the almond flour and whisk to create a paste.
- Add in the almond milk mixture and whisk, bringing to a simmer.
- Continue to simmer and whisk continously for about 7-10 minutes as the sauce heats up, reduces, and thickens.
- Remove from heat and let the sauce sit for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the pasta and stir, coating it evenly in the creamy sauce.
- Cut the salmon into small pieces and lightly mix it into the pasta and sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If the sauce is too thin, add in 2 Tbsp of almond flour at a time up to 1/4 cup to thicken while it is still simmering.