It’s Friday, y’all! Commence the celebrations.
But FIRST, this creamy, savory, garlic-y, lemon-y One-Pot Shrimp Scampi w/ Zucchini Noodles recipe that left both the hubs and I all heart-eyed and stuff!
But FIRST-FIRST, I need to update you guys on Cody’s sourdough bread progress (discussed at length in the Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas Tacos recipe)! Good news: We FINALLY have an edible loaf of sourdough bread! We celebrated by eating a few slices with this Shrimp Scampi recipe 😉 And then shortly after that I accidentally dropped Cody’s sourdough starter on the floor and it went everywhere….😬
I mean, in my defense, I did tell him not to put in on the fridge! Ok, ok it was totally my fault BUT the good thing is he had to get rid of some of it anyway. Hopefully we will have some more fresh bread this weekend!
Now let’s talk about the easiest and most delicious One-Pot Shrimp Scampi w/ Zucchini Noodles ever. Particularly, Zucchini Noodles. Have you had ’em? Do you love ’em? I’ve had them in my Ramen Zoodles recipe (which is DELICIOUS, btw), but those were the pre-spiralizer days. This easy and non-expensive handheld spiralizer is seriously the BEST and totally life-changing! It’s incredible how much zucchini can taste like pasta when it’s spiralized. And covered in a heavenly sauce, of course! 😉
Oh yeah, and two words: ONE. POT. This is just the best thing ever because for some reason nothing on this beautiful earth pains me more than having to wash multiple pots and pans for one meal. Why? No one will ever know. But we have a one-pot dish here and I couldn’t be happier! Who has time for multiple pots and pans anyway.
Let’s do this! Here’s the recipe for One-Pot Shrimp Scampi w/ Zucchini Noodles:
One-Pot Shrimp Scampi w/ Zucchini Noodles
- 8 small zucchini
- 12 oz . small shrimp precooked
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 lemon small
- 1 tsp crushed basil
- 2 Tbsp almond flour
- Spiralize the zucchini with a spiralizer.
- Cook the zucchini noodles in the covered pot with about 1 cup of water over medium heat. Once the zucchini noodles begin to soften, immediately remove from heat, strain, and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In the same (now empty) pot, thaw and heat the shrimp with 1 Tbsp of the olive oil.
- While the the shrimp are cooking, mix the remaining olive oil, garlic, crushed red pepper, lemon juice, and crushed basil together. Set aside.
- Once the shrimp have thawed and begun to cook, sprinkle the almond flour over the shrimp and lightly fry in the oil for about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the liquid mixture and add the noodles to the shrimp. Cook until everything is heated and mixed evenly.
- Serve hot and enjoy!