Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. These are products that I know, trust, and love!
Current situation: Jammin’ to the N’Sync Christmas album (yup! already) and debating putting up our tree/decor this weekend. You can call me a Christmas crazy if you’d like, I’ve come to complete terms with it. It’s ok if you embrace it. 🙂 Now IF ONLY it wasn’t, like, 90 degrees outside right now. I think someone needs to tell Oklahoma that it’s actually fall and needs to get itself together. C’mon, Oklahoma! We need fall weather ASAP!
But there’s no time to wait around for that, so we’re moving forward like it’s sweater weather out there with this comfy and cozy Creamy Pumpkin Pasta!
I know, I know. It sounds all fancy and complicated, but I promise it’s the easiest EVER! Just throw a can of organic pumpkin puree into the blender (well, take it out of the can first….), blend it with some basil, olive oil, garlic, and water, then heat it up on the stove top and pour it over this delicious (cooked) whole wheat fettuccine!
This Creamy Pumpkin Pasta is seriously EPIC. Creamy, savory, garlic-y, light, delicious. I NEED SOME RN BRB.
Obviously, we don’t have a pumpkin recipe shortage on this blog by any means. We’ve got Mini Pumpkin Pies, Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats, Pumpkin Spice Creamer, and Pumpkin Muffins to name a few. But this is one of the few savory pumpkin recipes (other than this delicious Pumpkin Curry Soup!), and since it’s combined with pasta, it’s basically the best thing ever!
This recipe is vegan, but feel free to add in protein of your choice! I enjoy it as is, but there are lots of options here as far as what you can serve it with.
Here’s the delicious recipe:
The BEST Pumpkin Pasta Recipe
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- salt/pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup fresh sage (or 1 Tablespoon dried sage)
- 1/2 cups grated parmesan
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 Tablespoons roasted pepitas
- Cook the pasta according to directions.
- Over medium heat, cook the olive oil and garlic in a saucepan for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the pumpkin, milk, vinegar, broth, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk and let simmer for about 5 min.
- Add in the sage and parmesan.
- Let simmer and reduce for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, then add in the spinach.
- Mix together, then add in the cooked pasta.
- Top with walnuts, pepitas, extra parmesan (optional), and garnish with sage.