Thanksgiving is such a fun time to gather with our friends and family and focus on what we’re grateful for. But realistically, it can often be a bit of a stressful time if you’re the one cooking! Whether you’re hosting a last-minute Thanksgiving dinner or just need something last minute to bring to the table, we’ve got all of our favorite tips, tricks, and ideas here for you. Cheers to making this year’s holiday a simple, joyful, and stress-free gathering!
Last Minute Thanksgiving Dinner Ideas
Buy a pre-cooked turkey.
Let’s start with the item that takes the longest to cook: the turkey! Save time by purchasing a pre-cooked turkey so that all you have to do is heat it up before your guests arrive.
Take it up a notch by plating it on beautiful serve ware and topping it off with a delicious and easy-to-make Citrus Tea Glaze!
Keep the sides simple, but delicious.
Here are some of our favorite last-minute Thanksgiving side dishes:
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Goat Cheese
- Creamy Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes & Cranberry Mushroom Sauce
- Pomegranate Pecan Salad w/ Cinnamon Apples
- Vegan Green Bean Casserole w/ Rosemary Garlic Mushrooms
Frozen desserts taken to the next level!
Yes, you have permission to use a delicious, carefully selected frozen dessert for Thanksgiving. 🙂 As long as it tastes amazing! Here’s how to make this happen:
- Purchase a high quality frozen dessert and add a topping, such as homemade whipped cream topped with a dash of cinnamon.
- Plate the dessert on beautiful serveware.
- Serve with ice cream or another treat!
Another option is to use pre-made pie crusts and fillings. This is great if you’re wanting to make something easy and quick! Lastly, if you do decide to make a homemade dessert, here are a few easy recipes:
- The BEST Pecan Pie Bars (Dairy-Free)
- Mini Pumpkin Pies
- No-Bake Chocolate Hazelnut Pie
- Honey Pear Ginger Cheesecake
Serve easy, ready-to-go drinks.
Aside from water, have an easy, ready-to-go drink option for your guests. Our favorite? Milo’s Famous Unsweet Tea! We love that it’s an award-winning tea that’s perfect for holiday gatherings. It’s also available sweetened with real cane sugar or no calorie sweetened with sucralose!
Find a retailer near you with Milo’s store locator, grab a few jugs of Milo’s Famous Tea, and your easy Thanksgiving beverages are ready to go!
Keep table decor minimal, but beautiful!
Use what you have and keep the tablescape simple, allowing the food to be showcased. A simple runner, a few candles, small pumpkins, and greenery make for beautiful Thanksgiving decor!