Guys, I’ve been craving mashed potatoes like crazy lately. I think it’s safe to say that Thanksgiving food is definitely on my mind right now! Move aside Halloween candy (which I may have eaten way too much of), it’s time for these Creamy Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes!
I’m especially excited about this recipe because as it turns out, this year will be my very first time (ever) to host Thanksgiving. I’ve always gone to my parents house, but now that we’re living in Edna The House, my family thought it would be fun to have it here. I’m so excited, y’all! Any tips for hosting Thanksgiving for the first time??
These Creamy Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes can be made in 30 minutes or less!
As in, crazy easy to make. Which happens to be super perfect in case you don’t get around to making all of your Thanksgiving recipes until, idk, the last minute? Ya know, not that I would know anything about that life.
This Creamy Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes recipe pairs amazingly with this Vegan Green Bean Casserole w/ Rosemary Garlic Mushrooms, Spicy Southwest Butternut Squash Casserole, and Roasted Beets & Sweet Potato Salad recipe!
Watch how to make this Creamy Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes recipe!
Here’s the recipe for Creamy Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes:
Creamy Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes
- 26 red potatoes, medium (2-3" )
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 3 Tbsp garlic powder
- fresh basil leaves (optional)
- salt/pepper to taste
- Cut the red potatoes into quarters and place in a large pot.
- Add the water (or enough water to cover the potatoes) and bring to a boil.
- Cover and continue boiling for 20 minutes (or until soft).
- Remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Mash the red potatoes and add the butter, milk, and garlic powder.
- Top with basil (optional) and enjoy!