Some babies take to greens and veggies, while others can’t stand them. The solution? Mix greens and veggies with sweet fruit, like apples, bananas, and pears!
Today, we’re making a simple and easy Banana Kale Oatmeal Baby Food Recipe that does just that. It incorporates potassium loaded fruit, antioxidant and nutrient filled kale, and hearty oatmeal that’ll give your little one the energy and nutrition he or she needs to get through the day!
Tips for making this Banana Kale Oatmeal Baby Food Recipe
- Make this recipe in a baby food maker to save time, energy, and make for an easier cleanup.
- Store the puree in baby food containers that are perfect for the refrigerator, freezer, and for taking on-the-go!
- Another option is to freeze this recipe in an ice tray and then move the frozen ice cubes to an airtight, freezer-safe container!
- Adjust the amount of banana per your baby’s love (or hate) of leafy greens!
- Once the baby food has been steamed and pureed, add in water from the steaming process or breastmilk to adjust the puree consistency.
Pro-tip: Don’t feel like you have the time to make your own baby food? Try out Little Spoon Organic and have baby food purees delivered right to your doorstep!
More healthy baby food recipes your little one will love:
Banana Kale Oatmeal Baby Food Recipe
- 2 small bananas
- 1/2 cup kale
- 2 tsp infant oatmeal cereal
- water or breastmilk (to desired consistency)
- In a steamer or baby food maker, cut the kale into small pieces and steam for about 7-10 minutes (or until soft).
- Add in the banana (cut into small pieces) and blend in a blender or baby food maker.
- Add in the desired amount of water or breastmilk along with the oatmeal cereal and continue to blend (or mix).
- Once the puree is at the desired consistency, store in the refrigerator until cool.
- Add lids to the containers, then serve or store in the refrigerator or freezer!
Leave a Reply