Easy-to-make Beets & Blueberries Baby Food Recipe that your little one will love!
Looking for a new, nutrition-loaded puree recipe to make for your 6-12 month old baby? Your little one will love this one! It’s sweet, healthy, and full of antioxidants and vitamins.
Pro-tip: Save time and have organic, healthy baby food blends sent right to your doorstep with Little Spoon!
How to make this easy Beets & Blueberries Baby Food Recipe
1. Peel the beets
Wash and peel the beets, then cut into small cubes.
Don’t have the time to wash and peel beets? Try using these organic, peeled, and cooked beets! HUGE time saver and you won’t have to deal with staining everything pink 😉 Get 25% off of organic cooked beets over on Thrive Market!
For this Beets & Blueberries Baby Food Recipe, you can either wash and use fresh blueberries or use frozen blueberries. Both options work great!
3. Steam everything together
Using a baby food maker or steaming basket, steam the beets and blueberries for about 10-15 minutes.
4. Blend into a puree
Place the steamed beets and blueberries in the baby food maker or blender to puree! Add in water from the steaming process or mix in breastmilk to achieve the desired puree consistency.
5. Store in the refrigerator or freezer
This baby food recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or the freezer for up to 3 months. Be sure to use airtight baby food containers to ensure maximum freshness!
More baby food recipes your little one will love:
- Banana Kale Oatmeal Baby Food Recipe
- Carrot Butternut Squash Baby Food Recipe
- Zucchini & Apple Baby Food Recipe
Beets & Blueberries Baby Food Recipe
- 2 medium beets
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Wash, peel, and cut the beets into small cubes.
- Wash the blueberries.
- In a baby food maker or steaming basket, steam the beets and blueberries for about 10-15 minutes (or until soft).
- Blend the steamed beets and blueberries into a puree, adding water or breastmilk to create the desired consistency.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or the freezer for up to 3 months!