If you’ve been on the boring chicken and veggies bandwagon for awhile, it’s time to mix it up! Today, we’re sharing a SUPER EASY Basil Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner recipe with you guys. It only takes 30 minutes to make, it’s dairy-free and gluten-free, and perfect for the family!
Scroll down to learn more about the simple sauce that takes this delicious meal to the next level and how to make this easy sheet pan dinner in no time!
RELATED: Honey Balsamic Chicken & Veggies
How to make this Basil Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner recipe
- Make the easy tomato basil sauce (recipe below)
- Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet and brush the sauce over them
- Place the quartered potatoes on the baking sheet and drizzle with oil
- Bake for about 15 minutes
- Add the asparagus and drizzle with oil
- Add more sauce to the chicken and salt/pepper to everything
- Top with more fresh basil
- Bake for another 10 minutes
The Basil Chicken
Have too much fresh basil on hand? Use it to make this easy Basil Chicken recipe!
Be sure to use high-quality, organic chicken from Butcher Box (get this $20 off exclusive discount). We love how delicious and affordable their meats are! Want to learn more? Here’s everything you need to know about Butcher Box!
The Tomato Basil Sauce
This sauce makes the recipe! Simply mix tomato sauce, olive oil, garlic, fresh (or dried) basil, and dried onion together. Pour over the chicken and bake!
Feel free to play around with the veggies you add to this sheet pan dinner! In this case, we used baby potatoes and asparagus drizzled with a little bit of olive oil and topped with a little bit of salt and pepper.
More chicken recipes you’ll love:
- Meal Prep Southwest Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Easy Apricot Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- Healthy Sriracha Shredded Chicken Tacos
Basil Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 8 baby potatoes (halved)
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp onion flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp fresh or dried chopped basil leaves
- salt/pepper (to taste)
- fresh basil leaves (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix the tomato sauce, onion flakes, garlic powder, chopped basil leaves, 1 Tbsp oil, and salt/pepper to make the sauce.
- Drizzle 1 Tbsp evenly on the baking sheet.
- Place the chicken and potato halves on the baking sheet, drizzling half of the remaining oil over the potatoes.
- Brush about 1/2 of the sauce over the chicken.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, then add the asparagus to the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the remaining oil over the asparagus, then add salt/pepper to taste.
- Add any remaining sauce to the chicken and top with extra basil (if desired).
- Bake for about another 10 minutes (or until juices run clear when cutting into the chicken).
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply