I have to say, I have really missed a good ‘ol low carb high protein dinner. I know. I KNOW. Words that I never thought would come out of my mouth (err…typed with my hands).
But I’m about 6 weeks postpartum now and we have basically been living on a fast food diet for the past few weeks. Well, with the exception of the first week when Cody’s mom cooked us meals (with Butcher Box – check out that post HERE) and the past few days where we enjoyed the other freezer meals in this series (Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole and 30-Minute Healthy Sloppy Joes Recipe, anyone?).
But it’s just been SO long since I’ve had a simple meat + veggies kinda meal, ya know? And sometimes you just need that. Especially when it’s not, like, boring and gross meat + veggies. I mean, think sweet and savory honey balsamic drizzled (ok, poured) over organic chicken and loaded with warm, roasted veggies. Sooooo delicious!
Did I mention that this Honey Balsamic Chicken & Veggies recipe is a sheet pan dinner and can be also be a freezer meal?
JK. I know I mentioned it. OBVS. But those two things are massive factors in the epic-ness that is this recipe! And I’m so glad to say that we have several containers of this recipe frozen for us to enjoy over the next several post-baby weeks.
How to make this Honey Balsamic Chicken & Veggies sheet pan recipe:
The night before, place the chicken and the sauce together in freezer bags and refrigerate to marinate. When you’re ready to make the recipe, cover a sheet pan in oil, aluminum foil, or parchment paper. Add the marinated chicken and bake for about 20 minutes. Add the sliced veggies, bake for another 10 minutes (or until chicken is fully cooked) and enjoy!
Feel free to use any veggies that you want! Make this recipe your own, friend. 😉 I also love using Butcher Box to purchase my organic, free range chicken. It’s really great because I don’t even have to leave the house to get it! I mentioned it before in this post, but here’s my honest review of Butcher Box (along with some awesome deals and discounts).
How to freeze this Honey Balsamic Chicken & Veggies recipe:
Y’ALL. I’m so obsessed! These Rubbermaid BRILLIANCE Food Storage Containers are my absolute favorites for storing food in the freezer. Dare I say the BEST food storage containers on the planet? I shall!
They’re freezer safe (of course), but also microwave safe, dishwasher safe, 100% leakproof, airtight, and stack on top of each other perfectly. I used the large size for this recipe, but you can check out the entire collection HERE!
Love freezer meals like this one? Here are a few more!
- 30-Minute Healthy Sloppy Joes Recipe
- Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Easy Vegetarian Summer Chili
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops And Potatoes W/ Apples (Freezer Meal)
- Low Carb Turkey Swedish Meatballs (Freezer Meal)
- Skinny Creamy Chicken Enchiladas (Freezer Meal)
Or sign up to grab your FREE EBOOK copy of 6 Healthy Freezer Meals to make them all in one day (with instructions + recipe cards + grocery list)!
Honey Balsamic Chicken & Veggies (Freezer Meal)
- 6 small chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric ((optional))
- 1 tsp paprika
- fresh basil ((optional))
- veggies of choice
- Mix all of the ingredients together with the exception of the chicken breasts and veggies.
- Place the sauce in a freezer bag and add the chicken breasts.
- Refrigerate overnight (or at least 30 minutes before).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Add the chicken breasts to the baking sheet.
- Cut the veggies and add to the sheet pan.
- Drizzle the extra sauce over the chicken and veggies.
- Bake for about 30 minutes (or until the chicken is fully cooked).
- Serve and enjoy, pack up for lunch the next day, or freeze for later!