Savory, flavorful, with just the right amount of kick. These Easy Mexican Barbacoa Tacos are great for making an easy and delicious weeknight dinner in the slow cooker this week! (Gluten Free)
TACOS! Y’all. It’s been a minute since I’ve made tacos. I mean, in regular life I make tacos like 3 times a week (thanks, Healthy Sriracha Shredded Chicken Tacos!). But here on Jar Of Lemons, it’s about time we make some tacos!
And not just any tacos, but EASY peasy Mexican Barbacoa Tacos! Get excited. These are seriously a new fave!
Ways to make these Easy Mexican Barbacoa Tacos:
These tacos are so easy to make in the slow cooker! Another option is to roast the meat in the oven (which gives it a great flavor).
This slow cooker is amazing at the whole set it and forget it thing! I also love this roaster for using in the oven. For tips on how to use it, check out this post on 30-Minute Roasted Chicken Leftovers Recipes!
What is Mexican Barbacoa?
Mexican Barbacoa is a meat that’s cooked in broth, removed, and mixed with seasonings. In the case of these Easy Mexican Barbacoa Tacos, we’re using a chuck steak that’s been cooked to perfection in a simple broth and topped with delicious spices in the slow cooker!
What toppings go in Easy Mexican Barbacoa Tacos?
Avocado, onions, feta cheese, shredded cheese, sour cream, or really anything you want!
Some of my favorite sauces and salsa’s to add:
- 3 Ingredient Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing
- 10-Minute Healthy Ranch Dressing
- Pineapple Sauce from Spicy Grilled Shrimp recipe
These Easy Mexican Barbacoa Tacos are PERFECT as an easy and healthy weeknight dinner!
I mean, it doesn’t get much better than these right here if we’re talking about quick weeknight dinners. Or really any time, for that matter.
All I know is that these Easy Mexican Barbacoa Tacos are making this pregnant girl’s food craving dreams come true and I’m about 150% sure you need them in your life, friend!
Easy Mexican Barbacoa Tacos
- 1 lb chuck steak
- 1 cup broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 cup lettuce
- 10 grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small avocado
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- Place the chuck steak in the slow cooker.
- Mix the broth, vinegar, tomato sauce, lime juice, and spices together.
- Pour the mixture over the steak.
- Finely chop the onion and place half of the amount in the slow cooker with the steak.
- Cook on low for 5 hours (or until fork-tender).
- Heat the tortillas and top each one with lettuce, tomatoes, sliced avocado, the remaining onion, and crumbled feta.
- Slice the cooked chuck steak and add to each tortilla.
- Serve and enjoy!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. These are products that I know, trust, and love!