Guys, I am all about this spring weather in Oklahoma right now. Aside from the obvious reasons that include warm sunny days and springtime recipes, I’m realllllly loving wearing spring and summer dresses ’cause, ya know, #24WeeksPregnant and all.
But let’s get back to that springtime recipes thing, shall we? Because it’s a hot topic right now (totally did not intend that pun, but going with it because puns aren’t my thing and I’m really proud of myself for that one)! Here are some of my current faves:
- Vegan Spring Rolls w/ Spicy Turmeric Coconut Sauce
- Banana Coconut Cream Pie Overnight Oats
- Healthy Mango Banana Smoothie
- Healthy Strawberry Shortcake w/ Sugar-Free Glaze
- Sugar-Free Strawberry Lemonade Spritzer
- Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
And of course, this Spicy Grilled Shrimp w/ Pineapple Sauce recipe!
I was amazed at how easy this Spicy Grilled Shrimp w/ Pineapple Sauce recipe is to make. It only takes about 10 minutes!
And perfect if you’re wanting something a little bit different for dinner. I loved adding these to a bed of rice, but they’d also be delicious with grilled veggies and potatoes. Another option would be to add them to tacos! So many ways, friends.
How to make Spicy Grilled Shrimp w/ Pineapple Sauce:
For this recipe, I used cooked shrimp. Simply thaw the shrimp, coat with butter or oil (I used coconut oil) and cayenne, then grill for about 5 minutes on each side. Top with crushed red pepper, fresh cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice. Lastly, mix minced tomatoes and pineapple together for the yummy pineapple salsa!
Other grilled recipes you might like:
- Red Pepper & Kale Beef Burgers w/ Grilled Onions & Goat Cheese
- Grilled Avocado Goat Cheese Toast
- Greek Chicken Kabobs w/ Tzatziki Sauce
Spicy Grilled Shrimp w/ Pineapple Sauce
- 1 lb large shrimp, cooked, deveined
- 6 grilling skewers
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro ((optional))
- 6 grape tomatoes (minced)
- 3/4 cup pineapple (minced)
- Preheat the grill to about 350 degrees (or medium-high heat).
- Fully thaw the shrimp and place about 4-5 shrimp on each skewer.
- Mix the oil/butter and cayenne powder together, then coat each shrimp skewer.
- Grill on each side for about 3-5 minutes or until opaque.
- Mix the minced pineapple and minced tomatoes together to create the salsa.
- Top each shrimp skewer with crushed red pepper, fresh lime juice, cilantro, and pineapple salsa.
- Serve and enjoy!