Also: welcome to week 4 of the January Challenge!! Can you believe it’s already here? I’ve loved seeing your #AMonthOfHealthyEats photos and updates. You guys are doing great!
For those of you that are just now finding out about the January Challenge, here’s where you can find out more! We’re starting week 4 of the challenge today, so it’s not too late to join us (or start from the beginning)!
Today, we’re kicking off week 4 with these Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas Tacos, which are a part of A Month Of Healthy Eats (the plan we’re going through this month). They’re SO delicious!
What you’ll need to make these Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas Tacos:
This is my slow cooker, and to put it simply, it’s the best thing in my kitchen. Ok, ok, ok, other than my most favorite food processor and blender. If you’re in the market for a slow cooker, this one is programmable and the perfect size! You can also find more of my most favorite kitchen items in the Shop page. These products have saved my life when it comes to healthy and easy cooking!
And if you’re looking for other easy to make slow cooker recipes, be sure to check out these Paleo Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken Meal Prep Bowls, Slow Cooker Skinny Chicken Tortilla Soup, Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes, and Slow Cooker Chili Lime Beef Tacos!
So what makes these Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas Tacos so epic? I actually wouldn’t say it’s the beef. I’m not much of a meat-eater as it is, and carnitas are typically made with pork….so there are no claims to authenticity here. None whatsoever! However, while the beef carnitas in the tacos were great, that cilantro + feta cheese combo = heavenly!
Here’s how these tacos came to be:
Here’s the recipe for Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas Tacos:
Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas Tacos
- 12 oz organic (grass-fed tenderized round steak)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tsp garlic
- Avocado Lime Dressing
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- fresh cilantro
- Place the steak in the slow cooker and season with chili powder, paprika, 1/4 of the red onion (chopped), garlic, and salt/pepper to taste.
- Cook for 2 hours on high or 4 hours on low.
- While the meat is cooking, create the avocado lime dressing recipe and place in the refrigerator.
- Once the carnitas steak is finished cooking, slice into thin strips.
- Lightly brown the tortillas in a pan with the olive oil.
- Top each tortilla with lettuce, carnitas steak, feta, cilantro, the remaining 1/4 chopped red onion, and avocado lime dressing.
Leave a Reply