Rule of thumb: a good salad needs a good dressing. And while it’s nice to have store-bought dressings on hand sometimes, a healthy, homemade salad dressing can actually be pretty quick and easy to throw together!
This Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing only takes about 5 minutes to make, is incredibly delicious, and is perfect for adding to salads, tacos, sandwiches, wraps, and so much more! With only 3 ingredients, we’re loving that it actually adds MORE nutrition and flavor to salads and recipes.
RELATED: 20+ Easy Healthy Salad Recipes
You’ll only need 3 ingredients to make this yummy, Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing: avocado, plain yogurt (greek, whole milk – any kind will work!), and lime juice. You can also add salt and pepper to taste, if desired!
How to make Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing
- Peel and slice the avocado.
- Combine the avocado, yogurt, and freshly squeezed lime juice in a blender.
- Blend and enjoy!
One of our favorite blenders for this recipe is the Ninja blender! It comes with 16 oz blending cups that are the perfect size for making healthy dressings like this one.
TIP: Adjust the thickness of this dressing by adding more yogurt or water!
Storing healthy salad dressings
This Avocado Lime Dressing can be stored in a dressing shaker or mason jar for up to 2 days in the refrigerator!
Salads and other recipes to add this Avocado Lime Dressing to:
- 10-Minute Mediterranean Farro Salad
- Low-Carb Mexican Meal Prep Bowls
- Spicy Salmon Tacos
- Easy Quinoa Salad With Feta Cheese
- Easy Mexican Barbacoa Tacos
- Healthy Chicken Cobb Salad Recipe
- Meal Prep Southwest Chicken Burrito Bowls
More healthy salad dressing options to try:
Want more easy, healthy recipe options for everyday life? Be sure to subscribe and get our FREE 25 Simple, Wholesome Recipes Ebook!
Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing
- 1 large avocado
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 medium limes (freshly squeezed)
- salt/pepper (optional, to taste)
- Remove the skin and seed from the avocado.
- Combine the avocado, yogurt, and the lime juice in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (optional)!
- Adjust the thickness of this dressing by adding more yogurt or water.
- This Avocado Lime Dressing can be stored in a dressing shaker or mason jar for up to 2 days in the refrigerator!
Leave a Reply