The BEST Sriracha Lime Shrimp Tacos!
This recipe started out as a random invention that quickly turned into one of my all time faves. Actually, it all started at Trader Joes when we were checking out all of the different type of Sriracha flavored things. They even have an organic Sriracha Ranch Dressing! The possibilities are endless, y’all. Grocery store inspiration at it’s finest. Gimme all the Sriracha.
And then we were like tacos! And we could add shrimp, and red cabbage, and carrots, and, and, and, what else could we add???
So we took our Sriracha home, and began experimenting away! We ended up with these AMAZING Sriracha Lime Shrimp Tacos. Needless to say, we did not have leftovers the next day!
Good news: these Sriracha Lime Shrimp Tacos are part of the January Challenge!
Are you guys participating in the January Challenge? These Sriracha Lime Shrimp Tacos are a recipe in A Month Of Healthy Eats. That’s right, you get to eat delicious comfort food in the challenge and it’s still healthy! If you haven’t yet, be sure to grab your copy of A Month Of Healthy Eats and join the January Challenge! (And be sure to check out week one’s Garlic Chickpea Spaghetti Squash recipe, too!)
P.S: If you want to make your own Sriracha, here’s a great recipe that I found! But if you just want to buy it, here’s the one that we bought. If you’ve never had this stuff, it’s basically just peppers, vinegar and sugar. Depending on the pepper, you get different levels of spicy. Personally, I can’t handle something that’s overly spicy! I think these tacos have just the right ratio of spicy to cool!
Here’s the recipe for Sriracha Lime Shrimp Tacos:
Sriracha Lime Shrimp Tacos Recipe
- 2 Tbsp sriracha
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- salt/pepper (to taste)
- Heat up the shrimp and coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add in the chili powder, red pepper, soy sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until the sauce reduces, then remove from heat.
- Mix the sriracha and yogurt together in a bowl.
- Add in salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Top each tortilla with the cabbage, carrots, shrimp, and the sriracha yogurt sauce.
- Garnish with cilantro and drizzle each taco with fresh lime juice.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Making the gluten free version of this recipe? Simply swap out the soy sauce for Tamari!
- Take your tacos to the next level by lightly toasting the corn tortillas in the skillet before cooking the shrimp.
- Feel free to adjust the level of spicy in these shrimp tacos by adjusting the amount of crushed red pepper and sriracha!