The BEST Sriracha Lime Shrimp Tacos!
This recipe started out as a random invention that quickly turned into one of my all time faves. Actually, it all started at Trader Joes when we were checking out all of the different type of Sriracha flavored things. They even have an organic Sriracha Ranch Dressing! The possibilities are endless, y’all. Grocery store inspiration at it’s finest. Gimme all the Sriracha.
And then we were like tacos! And we could add shrimp, and red cabbage, and carrots, and, and, and, what else could we add???
So we took our Sriracha home, and began experimenting away! We ended up with these AMAZING Sriracha Lime Shrimp Tacos. Needless to say, we did not have leftovers the next day!
Good news: these Sriracha Lime Shrimp Tacos are part of the January Challenge!
Are you guys participating in the January Challenge? These Sriracha Lime Shrimp Tacos are a recipe in A Month Of Healthy Eats. That’s right, you get to eat delicious comfort food in the challenge and it’s still healthy! If you haven’t yet, be sure to grab your copy of A Month Of Healthy Eats and join the January Challenge! (And be sure to check out week one’s Garlic Chickpea Spaghetti Squash recipe, too!)
P.S: If you want to make your own Sriracha, here’s a great recipe that I found! But if you just want to buy it, here’s the one that we bought. If you’ve never had this stuff, it’s basically just peppers, vinegar and sugar. Depending on the pepper, you get different levels of spicy. Personally, I can’t handle something that’s overly spicy! I think these tacos have just the right ratio of spicy to cool!
Here’s the recipe for Sriracha Lime Shrimp Tacos:
Sriracha Lime Shrimp Tacos
For The Tacos
- 16 Oz Medium Sized Shrimp
- 1/2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Chile Powder
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Cup Shredded Red Cabbage
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 4 Corn Tortillas
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro
- 1 Lime
For The Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Sriracha
- 2 Tbsp Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- In a skillet, cook the shrimp in the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Once the shrimp is almost done, add in the salt and pepper, chili powder, red pepper, and soy sauce. Cook until the soy sauce reduces. Remove from heat.
- For the Sriracha sauce, mix the Sriracha and yogurt in a bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Top each tortilla with the cabbage, carrots, shrimp, and Sriracha sauce.
- Garnish with cilantro and drizzle with lime juice.
- Serve and enjoy!