It’s a French toast kinda day! But not just any French toast. Chocolate Caramel Gluten Free French Toast Casserole, y’all! Made with extra chocolaty caramel goodness and made deliciously gluten free with Udi’s® Gluten Free Multigrain Sandwich Bread. SO yummy!
This Chocolate Caramel Gluten Free French Toast Casserole is so easy to make!
And I mean SUPER easy. Simply tear the bread into small pieces, place in a casserole dish, then pour the mixture of eggs, almond milk, sugar, and chocolate syrup over the bread. Bake for about 20-25 minutes and then drizzle with chocolate syrup and caramel sauce! (I used a salted caramel sauce – NEXT LEVEL, guys!)
How do you make French toast gluten free?
To make gluten free French toast, the key is using really great gluten free bread!
This Chocolate Caramel Gluten Free French Toast Casserole is made with Udi’s® Gluten Free Multigrain Sandwich Bread. However, you can also use Udi’s® Gluten Free Soft White Sandwich Bread as another great option!
I buy my Udi’s® Gluten Free Multigrain Sandwich Bread at Sprouts (in the freezer section). I love that it contains no artificial ingredients, is certified gluten free, is dairy and nut free, and has 8g whole grains per serving plus other vitamins/minerals!
Can you freeze French toast casserole after baking?
Yes! Simply allow the French toast casserole to completely cool in the refrigerator (without covering). Next, cover and place in the freezer!
Can you reheat baked French toast?
Absolutely. Feel free to refrigerate or freeze baked french toast and eat for breakfast throughout the week!
This Chocolate Caramel Gluten Free French Toast Casserole is perfect for a fun brunch with the family or to make in advance for easy weekday breakfast meals. I know you’ll enjoy the recipe, friend!
Chocolate Caramel Gluten Free French Toast Casserole
Gluten Free French Toast Casserole
- 12 oz. loaf Udi's® Gluten Free Multigrain Sandwich Bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 Tbsp chocolate syrup
- 2 Tbsp caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Tear the slices of bread into small pieces and place in a casserole dish.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the eggs, almond milk, sugar, and 1/4 cup of the chocolate syrup.
- Pour the mixture over the casserole and mix the bread, allowing everything to be evenly coated.
- Place the french toast casserole in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Top with a drizzle of chocolate syrup and caramel sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!