If you’ve hung around these parts (errr, um, my blog) for very long, then you know that I’ve just never been much of a salad girl. I mean, not a regular ‘ol salad girl. I can’t handle a boring salad. If I’m going to eat a bunch of raw veggies, then they better be combined with delicious ingredients that take them to the next level!
FRIENDS: This Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad w/ Cranberries is going above and beyond my requirements!
Now, I will say that there are a handful of salads that I’m pretty obsessed with here on the blog:
- Chili Mango Zesty Quinoa Salad
- Roasted Beets & Sweet Potato Salad
- Poached Egg & Avocado Breakfast Salad
- Chili Lime Ground Turkey Taco Salad
Those are all pretty delicious, and I’m super excited to add this Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad w/ Cranberries to the list!
How to shave the brussels sprouts for this salad:
There are many ways to go about shaving the brussels sprouts. I, being the stubborn person I am, insisted on chopping them all up with a knife cause I have this weird thing about washing extra dishes LOL. Idk. That said, it really wasn’t too bad!
However, I recommend using something like this multi-functional vegetable slicer because it can spiralize, slice, grate, peel, and do like a million other things!
Love healthy recipes like this one? Be sure to join the January Challenge to start the year off in a healthy and confident way!
Here’s the recipe for this Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad w/ Cranberries:
Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad w/ Cranberries
- 30 brussels sprouts, shaved
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 6 oz goat cheese
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- Shave the brussels sprouts and place in a salad bowl.
- Add in the avocado oil and garlic powder, then toss.
- Add in the goat cheese, cranberries, and salt/pepper to taste.
- Lightly toss the salad, then serve and enjoy!