Who doesn’t love Weekends? The work week is done and we get to (hopefully) sleep in a little bit. And because of sleeping in, we get to indulge in this glorious one word tradition: Brunch! Yep. It’s pretty much my most favorite thing ever. Thank goodness for delicious and easy brunch recipes, like this healthy Ezekiel Bread French Toast!
I mean, whoever invented brunch was seriously brilliant. You get two meals in one, which means you get to indulge just a little bit! And it usually takes place in the presence of family and friends – the best! However, there’s only one problem.
Eating one ginormous meal like this can result in a major OVER indulgence and reverse an entire week of healthy eating progress! We’ve all been there. You’re all like “oh, I’m eating healthy, ill just do a small pancake and some egg whites OMGLOOKATTHATCREAMCHEESESTUFFEDPANCAKEWITHBACONANDHASH-BROWNS!”. And it’s over. An entire days’ worth of calories, in one meal. Personally, I’ve been there too many times!
Why this French Toast is Healthy
- No refined sugar: this French toast is naturally sweetened with Stevia, coconut sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
- It’s made with healthy bread: your average French toast recipe is made with white bread which contains no nutrients and minerals but by making a simple swap to Ezekiel bread it adds a ton of nutrients and fiber to the recipe.
- Healthy toppings: Add an extra health boost by topping your French toast with berries or other fruits.
So how can we still enjoy weekend brunch and stay on track? Healthify it! Here’s a lovely Healthy French Toast recipe for you, which goes so well with a side of eggs and some strong coffee.
And maybe these Pecan Pie Pancakes. Or Healthy S’more Pancakes. OR ALL OF THE ABOVE! Oh and by the way, I’m sorry/not sorry for posting this on a Monday. If this post is making you wish it was the weekend, you could always do what we do in the McMichael home…..have weekend brunch for Monday night dinner!
What is Ezekiel Bread?
This amazing Ezekiel Bread French Toast came to be via, well, Ezekiel Bread! Which is my absolute fave (Other absolute faves are listed in the Shop page). It’s loaded with healthy grains and lasts for what seems like forever in the freezer!
Ezekiel bread is actually made with sprouted grains and has no added sugars in it. It contains no refined wheat flour and is filled with fiber which keeps you fuller for longer!
ALSO: There’s a delicious variation of this Ezekiel Bread French Toast recipe that’s so perfect for summer. Be sure to check out the Healthy French Toast w/ Peach Chia Seed Compote recipe!
How To Make Healthy French Toast in 3 Easy Steps
Mix everything except for the Ezekiel bread together in a large mixing bowl.
Dip each slice of bread in the mixture, covering both sides with liquid.
Cook each side in a skillet for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve with syrup or topping of choice.
More Healthy French Toast Recipes You Might Like:
- Chocolate Caramel Gluten Free French Toast Casserole
- Easy Gingerbread French Toast Bake
- Healthy French Toast with Peach Chia Seed Compote
Ezekiel Bread French Toast
- 4 Slices Ezekiel Bread
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk or Unsweetened Almond Milk (lite or silk)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 pkt Stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch Salt
- Mix everything except for the Ezekiel bread together in a large mixing bowl.
- Dip each slice of bread in the mixture, covering both sides with liquid.
- Cook each side in a skillet for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add syrup and enjoy!