Happy Wednesday, friends! Has anyone else had a super crazy week this week? Personally, I think that Wednesdays call for a little treat. I mean, especially when it’s been a crazy week. A mid-week treat could go a lot of different ways, but today we’re talking brownies! Healthy Chocolate Brownies w/ Date Caramel Sauce, to be exact 😉 These brownies are quite amazing and only have around 71 calories each!
Random fact that I’ve never told you guys: In addition to being completely obsessed with food, I’m also a musician and play violin in a symphony about once a month. Yup! It’s SO much fun. Last weekend I had a concert, so Cody and I went back home to play the show and hang out with his family. It was a wonderful trip, but we came back late Sunday night and hit the ground running with work, cleaning this disastrous apartment, and attempting to get somewhat organized before the week started.
We’ve been out of town almost every other weekend since November, so needless to say, I’m still playing catch up! As in I STILL have my Christmas tree up kind of catch up. Yeah. Gimme some of these Healthy Chocolate Brownies.
These Healthy Chocolate Brownies w/ Date Caramel Sauce are everything delicious about a brownie without the guilt!
The caramel sauce is made out of 3 ingredients and is super easy to make: just blend dates, vanilla, and water together! This date sauce is also amazing on every type of dessert, especially this Vegan Salted Caramel & Chamomile Ice Cream! The caramel is, of course, optional. But completely necessary! 😉
For the chocolate chips, I used these. They’re my fave! But you can also use cocao nibs. Or really just top them off with whatever you love! Coconut chips, goji berries….the possibilities are endless!
Healthy Chocolate Brownies w/ Date Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup protein powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 packets stevia
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 4 oz. unsweetened apple sauce
- 8 dates
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the dates in water and let soak.
- Blend rolled oats until an oat flour is created (or use store bought oat flour). Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Mix the liquid ingredients together, then add to the dry ingredients. Continue to mix until a consistent batter is created.
- Spray a cake pan with oil and pour the batter into it. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the brownies are baking, blend the pitted dates, vanilla, and water together in a small container until a date caramel sauce is created.
- Once the brownies have finished baking and cooled, top each one with date caramel and chocolate chips (optional). This recipe makes about 20 small brownies!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. These are products that I know, trust, and love!