I mean, I understand. I’ve gone both ways with this decision. I’ve eaten the entire box of Zebra Cakes before (<— real life) and lived with regret for days. Delicious, unhealthy regret. But I now also know how deliciously satisfying a healthy treat can be, and how I don’t need the Zebra Cakes (or whatever your equivalent downfall is) to satisfy this sweet tooth of mine. Especially when the sweet treats are these Easy Superfood Chocolate Bites or (similarly) these Healthy Salted Caramel Truffles!
You see, it’s all about being prepared and having a second option! If I don’t have something healthy and sweet in my house, I’m probably going to go for the Zebra Cakes. But having this amazing second option can help keep me on track!
These Easy Superfood Chocolate Bites are decadent, chocolatey, melt-in-your-mouth gooooood.
Make them in advance and keep them in your fridge or pantry for those sweet tooth scenarios!
Here are some of the ingredients that I used in this recipe (head over to the Shop page for a FULL list of all of the products that I use in my recipes):
These Easy Superfood Chocolate Bites are also perfect for Valentine’s Day!
I made them and tested them out on Cody 😉 He loved them! Top them off with whatever superfoods you want. In this case, I used Goji Berries, Matcha Tea Powder, Beet Root Powder, and crushed pistachios!
Easy Superfood Chocolate Bites
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 packet stevia
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp superfood bits or powders
- Mix the almond butter, cocoa, honey, and stevia together.
- Roll into about 10 small balls.
- Lay the filling balls on a baking sheet covered in wax paper, then freeze for 15-30 minutes.
- Once the filling has hardened, remove from the freezer and set aside.
- Melt the dark chocolate chips in a small bowl.
- Coat each filling ball, making sure to coat all sides evenly.
- Set each truffle on a baking sheet covered in wax paper. Top with superfood bits or powders.
- Let cool until the shells are hard, then serve and enjoy!