The BEST Superfood Chocolate Bites
Valentine’s Day is here and honestly, I can’t think of a better way to celebrate than with CHOCOLATE! And who doesn’t love a beautiful box of chocolates on this wonderful day?
Whether you’re making these for gifting on Valentine’s Day, a gathering with friends, or just to keep on hand for a delicious, wholesome treat, one thing is for sure: you will LOVE these Superfood Chocolate Bites! Top them with anything from shredded coconut to freeze-dried strawberry powder or matcha powder. They are so good and truly the perfect bite-sized snack or after-dinner dessert. Not to mention incredibly easy to make!
RELATED: 25+ Healthy Chocolate Recipes
Chocolate Truffle Center
- Cashew Butter (or Almond Butter)
- Cocoa Powder
- Honey (or Agave Syrup)
Dark Chocolate Coating
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Coconut Oil
Superfood Topping Ideas
The superfood topping can really be anything you want! Here are a few ideas:
- Freeze-Dried Strawberries (crumbled)
- Matcha Powder
- Beet Powder
- Shredded Coconut
- Finely-Chopped Walnuts
- Dusting of Cocoa Powder
You can always just keep these chocolate bites simple with a little dash of flaky salt, as well.
More Superfood Recipes
- Matcha Chia Seed Energy Bites
- Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowls
- Vegan Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
- Spinach Banana Smoothie
- Coconut Peach Turmeric Popsicles
How to Make Chocolate Bites
Making these Superfood Chocolate Bites is truly the easiest process! Here’s how to put them together:
- Mix the nut butter, cocoa powder, and honey (or agave) together.
- Roll into 1-1/2″ balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone.
- Melt the dark chocolate chips and coconut oil together in the microwave at 30-second intervals, then mix until smooth.
- Dip each ball into the chocolate with a spoon, covering entirely.
- Place on the baking sheet and sprinkle the toppings over each one.
- Place in the freezer for about 20 minutes to set and enjoy!
How to Store
Depending on the type of nut butter you use, Chocolate Bites are best stored in the refrigerator and can be kept for up to 2 weeks. However, they can also be stored at room temperature for 4-5 days, if necessary!
Chocolate Bites Recipes You’ll Love
More Healthy Treats & Snacks
- Birthday Cake Protein Bites
- Sweet Potato Brownies
- Chunky Monkey Smoothie
- Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Blueberry Banana Protein Muffins
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Superfood Chocolate Bites
- 1/2 cup cashew butter (or almond butter)
- 1-2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2-3 Tablespoons honey (or agave syrup)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons superfood bits or powders
- Mix the cashew butter, cocoa powder, and honey together just until combined.
- Roll the mixture into 8 balls and place on a baking sheet or dish lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt the dark chocolate chips and coconut oil together in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until fully melted.
- Use a spoon to roll each ball in the melted chocolate mixture, coating evenly.
- Set each chocolate-covered bite on the baking sheet.
- Immediately sprinkle the superfood powders or toppings of choice over each chocolate bite.
- Place in the freezer to set for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy!